imitation suede settees

Discussion in 'Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning' started by yvonne wilson, Feb 24, 2011.

1. yvonne wilson

yvonne wilson Member

Advertisements:
    I have been asked to quote 0n a 2 & 3 & footstool imitation suede settee tomorrow and probably a headboard.Bought 5 yrs ago not been cleaned before bought from somewhere like DFS.I dont know the level of dirt etc.Ive read the threads & feel comfortable with the advice given about cleaning.What roughly would be people be charging for this work. I havent cleaned 2 settees & footstool as a job before.
    Thanks Yvonne

2. Jim Neal

Jim Neal Moderator

Roughly the same as a 3-pc!

3. yvonne wilson

yvonne wilson Member

I went to see the settees this pm.2x 4 seater beige settees plus large dirty footstool & queensize beige headboard. Mainly oily staining at top of backs of chairs and main dirt is over the arms of settees.I seat cushion has one large beer stain on.I was going to use MP & HD for the really dirty areas.One settee has 5 loose back cushions. I was going to charge £ 140 which includes Nano protector.Does this sound reasonable ? Any suggestions welcome Cheers Yvonne

4. Steve Porter

Steve Porter Moderator

Sounds like it'll take about 4 hours?
    Personally (& without seeing it) I'd be looking at around £180 excluding Protect Nano (plus 35% for protected unless you're giving it away as a special offer).
    Bear in mind that some headboards cannot withstand extraction cleaning as the material can be quite thin & rippled & it can be the folds within these ripples that can tear when extracted.
    When I do headboards I prefer a low moisture "gentle" approach with M Power & M Power spotter.

5. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

I second Steves comments.

Headboards are commonly upholstered in 'curtain-quality' acrylic velour. where body contact soiling is present (especially on folds) the underlying cotton weave can be weakened by the by-products of bacterial decomposition to the extent that they can split if over-stressed. An upholstery mitt and terry towels offer a safer approach or if extracted a curtain tool with a perforated head.

6. Gary Findlay

Gary Findlay Member

or bonnet clean with a minitex

7. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Garry,

A Minitex may be too aggressive if the fabric is weakened.

Carpet Cleaning Network