1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

karcher puzzi

Discussion in 'Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning' started by andy phillips, Sep 9, 2001.

1. andy phillips

andy phillips Member

Advertisements:
    :confused: I have been in business now for a year and have been using karcher puzzi 100s i have just purchased a hydromist champ compact and am also thinking about getting a puzzi 200 with powerhead. Has anybody else out there used any of these machines and if so how do you rate them any input would be very welcome cheers

By the way great sight were have you been all my life

2. Lee Gundry

Lee Gundry Member

andy

I personally think if you are cleaning carpets as a profesional service, i would recomend the following as MINIMUM requirements.

2* 3 stage vacs approx 220 inch lift
    100 psi pump
    heater (inline or element)
    50 litres supply tank.

eg
    extracta XL
    prochem cheyenne
    One of the best power heads i have used is from extracta. www.extracta.co.uk

Lee Gundry

3. Mark Betts

Mark Betts Member

Andy

Lee is right. I started my business in March this year. Purchased a brand new hwe machine. Thought it was the dogs doodaas.Three weeks ago I visited another carpet cleaner from this board and spent a day clening with him.

Within half hour of using his machine. 2 3stage vacs 100psi pump I was convinced I needed a new machine.

1 week later I was the proud owner of used Extracta excel 2 3 stage vacs 100 psi pump heater and 60 l tank and 50ft hoses. The difference is amazing. Alot of the time I leave the machine on the van and run the hoses into the house.

Not only is it quicker to clean carpets due to the higher pressure and Vac they are also dryer when completed.

Do youself a big favour and look around for a good used machine.

I know of where there is one going if you are interested just e mail me mark@carpet-magic.co.uk and I will give you the guys e mail address.

Cheers

Mark

4. Mick Halliday

Mick Halliday Member

Andy,My mate is a carpet fitter and he does some carpet cleaning with a champ, it's not a bad machine but because it is quite low powered you have to be very thorough with your preparation pre-vacing, pre-spray, dwell time etc.

What is the spec' of the puzzi 200?, If I were you I would wait until Oct before purchacing another machine and go to the NCCA exhibition. There will be lots of machines to look at, plus lots of specail offers.

Mike

5. andy phillips

andy phillips Member

Thanks for your help guys lots to think about know I think I will go to the ncca exibition. Perhaps ill see you there.
    Cheers Andy

6. Glynn Waterworth

Glynn Waterworth Member

Hope you find what you want at the exibition, you wont however see Extracta their though.

Good luck.