New Jaguar Machine

Discussion in 'Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning' started by Eddie Rhone, May 12, 2011.

1. Eddie Rhone

Eddie Rhone Member

Advertisements:
    Hi Nick

Any news about this machine been sold in the Uk.

Regards

Eddie

2. Ken Wainwright

Ken Wainwright Member

I too have been watching this machine with interest Eddie. It definately does not follow the usual path of using the same components as everyone else. It looks like being one terrific machine. Ed V. has certainly pulled another one out of the hat!

I gather that the Jaguar 6.6 has 280cfm's and I think 800psi, but greater lift than would normally be available with regular 5.7" Amteks. Nick or John (?) has independently tested the Scorpion XPS at 326cfms so it isn't clear to me whether The Scorpion, with our different mains power supply, will still have an advantage.

I should imagine that Ed will be working flat out to meet Jaguar demand in the US for a while yet before we get a chance to see it on our side of the pond. But I may be wrong. I hope I am :smile:

Safe and happy cleaning :smile:
    The Ken

3. FINTAN COLL

FINTAN COLL Member

I cannot see anything about it on Ed's site.

4. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

It is my understanding that Nick will have a machine very similar to the Jaguar that Ed is currently selling, though I believe that the exact configuration has not been finalised. I imagine that it will be very similar to the machine that I built recently and am currently using with great results.

I will not quote any performance figures as they will be dependant upon the exact build, but suffice it to say the UK electricity supply has enabled performance that exceeds that of the Jaguar.

The Scorpion 3 XPS is still the current leader in its field and I am confident that when Nick releases his new machine it will push the margins still further.

5. Nick Robertson-Vousden

Nick Robertson-Vousden Solution Cornwall Ltd 01209 204343 Admin

Hi All

The new UK Assembled Jaguar machine is about ready and will be coming over soon, just one or two little things to finalise,

Suffice to say it has some very innovative features and is a move forwards, after many months of research and develpment, the best just got better!

More details to follow

Best regards

Nick

6. Tony Nash

Tony Nash Beast Owner Member

The name " Jaguar " just sounds the biz.

It really get your expectation juices flowing, it's got to be said. Though, I'm a relatively new Scorpion user, it's been amongst the best purchases I've ever made.
    Because of this, I'm very excited of this new machine, The Jaguar, so I bet others are far more excited.......are they?

Tony

7. Michael Rynne

Michael Rynne Member

I hear the Scorpion has a good sting in it's tail but am I to assume the Jaguar will literally rip your arm off?? :wink:

8. adrian marsh

adrian marsh Member

:clap::clap: Like that one Michael.

9. jason w lawal

jason w lawal Member

Looks impressive , the only thing I cannot see reference to is heat ?

10. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Jason,

That is because the is no internal heater! Nor does my machine. If I ever require heat over and above tap water temperature then I use an external heat exchange.

11. Steve Porter

Steve Porter Moderator

There's always one, Jason:lol:
    Why add a heater that most won't use when a hot pre-spray will do the same job?
    If it's going to compete with the trusty Scorp, it'll certainly have a lot to live up to.
    I need some pics & the spec!!!
    I'm gonna guess & from what I've read on other U.S boards it'll look similar to the Scorp, but with a whole new workings dept, with "warp drive" :lol:

12. Ken Wainwright

Ken Wainwright Member

The Jaguar 6.6 and Jaguar 5.7 can be seen on "All things Recoil", the Cross American forum.

Safe and happy cleaning :smile:
    The Ken

13. Eddie Rhone

Eddie Rhone Member

Thanks Nick

Great to hear that the UK machine will be unvailed soon, thought it might be a few months with the US machine just been released.

But how about a bit more info about the UK machine.

Come on you know you want to. :evilgrin:

Regards

Eddie

14. Nick Robertson-Vousden

Nick Robertson-Vousden Solution Cornwall Ltd 01209 204343 Admin

Hi

One already sold!

Based on the Scorpions very successful chasis
    but remodeled internal handle, and switch configuration
    machine fitted pressure gauge

800 psi adjustable
    Internal Auto Feed/ auto dump
    Internal Silencer
    Light and maneouvreable
    and some very special sealed vacuums this is a world first.....
    Assembled in the UK
    Optional on site UK wide service agreement (possibly another First)

Best regards

Nick

15. Tony Nash

Congratulations Nick, Ed, John, have just been reading up at " All Things Recoil ".....The Jaguar 5.7 & 6.6 sound like masterpieces.

Amazing......

16. Tony Nash

Re: Nick's new machine

I notice on " All Things Recoil " that, the Jaguar 5.7 & 6.6, seem to have around 298 cfm's.
    That is less than the 326 cfm's of the Scorp', so is there something that we've got to factor in which actually makes the cfm's greater in reality?

Or is it simply that, though it's going to be 2 very special sealed bearing vac's, not 3 x 3 stage, the cfm's are still very good and not to be considered too low a drop. Only, I was imagining that this part of the spec ( the cfm's ) would go upwards to.

Maybe, Nick's / John's final tweaks would effect this? Or is it that our 230 / 240 volts actually help to increase the power somewhat? ( I read that our UK supply would help matters in some way ).

Cheers,

Tony

17. mark shannon

mark shannon Member

More importantly how much will a Jag set you back?

Great machines but I would take cfm claims with a pinch of salt from porty and TM manufacturers.

18. Tony Nash

Looking on All things recoil, the US dollar price is $2699, after converting to GBP, the price would be around £1668. No doubt, there's tax to go on.

But, that price seems way off the mark, as the Scorp 3xps is 2555, before tax, so no doubt I'm missing something ( just pointing out what I've seen so far really ).

Hey Mark, you say more importantly " how much will a Jag set you back ", but for me, you get what you pay for. The spec's more important than the cost surely?

Imagine the work, time, labour, materials, money that went in to this project.
    Unless the cost was disproportionate, then what's the problem?

I see you've got a recoil / Scorp, so you know how good it is hey, so imagine this new Jag.....

Tony

19. mark shannon

mark shannon Member

Tony your correct of course mate just want to know cost:smile:.

20. Chris Straker

Chris Straker Member

.......and when do we get to see one working :evilgrin:

Carpet Cleaning Network