Prochem Pure Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Loomes

Cleantalk Member
I haven't used Prochem for quite a while now. Used to use loads of the stuff but had issues with:

1) Usually foamy
2) Risky using some of their high ph products (lots of them available!)
3) Results not that great
4) Poor dilution rates (making you spend more)
5) Not environmentally friendly (99%)

If they sorted this lot out then they wouldn't be so bad. Only my opinion of course. Glad I have the choice to not go back to those days. I don't know if its just me or what, but it's like they are stuck in a time warp.

Chris - yes I think it is very very similar. I even found that UP was better than FO which is far more cost effective! SPM works better than both IMO as does RX Spotter.

Simon Nickson

Cleantalk Member
Kevin dont know if you meant it Kev but yes if they changed their total product range,in virtually every respect they wouldnt be so bad - LOL
Sad thing is its so very true yet they are so very popular - OR IS THAT A PLUS FOR THOSE THAT USE OTHER SUPERIOR PRODUCTS - Thats a rhetorical question - YES is the answer !

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Don't you think Shockwave takes care of the jobs that Ultrapac does?

I rated Ultrapac too, but I reckon Shockwave not only cleans better, but IMO it reacts quicker, and once again, for me anyway, it doesn't leave me thinking I'll never breathe right again.

It's about now I feel a need to mention that M Power takes care of most situations. If the job's that bad, remember, you can spray down more than once, lighter coats, or hell, if the carpet's so bad you're considering going nuclear, then spray down more than one heavy coat.

At least the carpet will be damn well deodorised, hygienic, thoroughly cleaned and M Power will be a lot easier to rinse extract than most cleaning agents.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Safe 4 Wool is a liquid micro splitter that's not pre boosted, performs excellently.

Standard micro splitter also.
Fabric 8 is polymers, but works comparably, is pH neutral and is not pre boosted.

All the above work on contact, are not pre boosted, but are more economical than Pureclean, are user friendly and Eco friendly.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Not a chance I'm afraid Simon, I'll not retain half the knowledge Ken spouts, not if I lived two lifetimes.

Best I can hope for is making the odd comment and getting a few quid at the end of the course, a free bottle of spotter maybe....maybe a new shirt if things go well :evilgrin:

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
What was hilarious was reading the comments about pure clean when it first came out, everyone that had been refusing to use Nicks ms because 'it didn't work' were suddenly using p/clean which was much inferior to Nicks original ms claiming it to be great.

The irony was brilliant.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
John,

Ultrapac Renovate is still a good product - for the use for which it was designed, renovation cleaning and primary deodourisation of non-protein fire damage, Filter Out is basically the same product.

Unfortunately some treat it as a general cleaning product in association with an equally high pH in-tank detergent.

I found their protectors to be mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.