Prochem Pure Clean

Discussion in 'Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning' started by simon leyland, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Steve Barnett

Steve Barnett Member

Such a lack of respect being shown for a UK company that is still a leading player in the carpet cleaning industry.

Some of you lot would like 1% of their turnover.

Some of us older guys probably wouldn't be in this game if it wasn't for Prochem.

Poor show all round :na:
    • Agreed Agreed x 3
  2. Ian Hare

Ian Hare Member

That is very true Steve, nearly all of us started with said products, and most with their training courses.
    • Agreed Agreed x 3
  3. Nick Robertson-Vousden

Nick Robertson-Vousden Solution Cornwall Ltd 01209 204343 Admin

Steve

So let me get this straight, Prochem are big and have been around a long time so thats what makes the difference, I don't see you or anyone else taking the high ground when Solution is attacked, we might be younger but do not lack experience, or technical knowledge. Why is it a poor show when people simply state an opinion after using a product, seems there are different rules being applied here. I have used Prochem products during my time on the tools, they have a few that are not bad, are they the be all and end I don't think so, its up to the individual to make and educated choice. its not just about a companies products but the sum of the whole package, including service and support, technical and otherwise, that's probably more the reason some prefer both Cleantalk and Solution.

Best regards

Nick
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agreed Agreed x 2
  4. Kevin Loomes

Kevin Loomes Subscriber

There's no disrespect on my part - I only gave my opinion which is what forums are all about? I certainly didnt say anything derogatory :dunno:
    • Agreed Agreed x 1
  5. Steve Porter

Steve Porter Moderator

I didn't Ian
    I was fortunate enough to miss their products when I first started, my then boss had, had all the miss-haps with them already so he was keen to educate me with what he termed "better products"!

Yes Steve I am sure they have done a lot for the industry, but that's in the past & things move on (for some). You can purchase their products in any janatorial store now, bit like Tesco & so long as they keep on pumping out the same old stuff it's MASSIVE profits to them. Yes I would love even .5% of their net profit but it doesn't mean I have to like them, respect them, use them or not mention them. They are a BIG company, but do they actually give a toss about you? Do they care about their end users.....really? Could you call them up (head office) & get technical help on any given product by someone who really knows their onions?
    Imo, they're just another big conglomerate who are big enough to shirk off any little bashing they get here or anywhere else. Think the only time they'd worry is if they had a leaked docu soap type thing done to them if something really nasty was found out about them (bit like Scotchguard being banned from the UK back in 2003).

I'm not having a pop at you directly mate as tbh I like your posts, they're refreshing & to the point & they certainly stimulate a good discussion.
    • Agreed Agreed x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steve Barnett

Steve Barnett Member

Nick

Indeed, people are entitled to their opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.
    I buy your products and I don't recall ever openly criticising you or your company, or Ashbys or another supplier etc;
    I use cleaning solutions from a number of suppliers and enjoy good service from all of them.

When a companies products are mocked in the way some of the above posts have done, I would have thought you, of all people, would have understood the sentiment in my post.

Ian and Ken both agreed with my post - you didn't address your reply to them.
  7. simon nickson

simon nickson Member

Prochem Training Courses and Machines apart - my issue is their cleaning products are third rate at best !
    I sell my service on several levels - one key sales technique is telling the client that most other carpet cleaners use prochem products (here at any rate)
    I tell them prochem products are outdated,poor performing and sorely inferior to the products I use - I say it for two very important reasons - 1/Its True 2/Its True.
    • Agreed Agreed x 2
  8. Ian Hare

Ian Hare Member

Those of us that started off with Prochem product and training courses were of the opinion that they offered probably the best that was around at that time, I did.

I moved on from their range many years ago, having trialled other product ranges and have settled on what I consider to be the best around today.

I still think Prochem make products that will do a good job, however, they do fall short of doing the best job, which at the end of the day is what we all strive for.

I will always remain thankful for the start I gained from them as a company, I will equally remain thankful for the support I receive today from my chosen supplier.
    • Agreed Agreed x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nick Robertson-Vousden

Sorry Steve but you are out of order, who is mocking anyone here? People are simply stating a personal opinion following using a product or products. Respect doesn't really into it. Surely it's earned.

Regards

Nick
    • Agreed Agreed x 2
  10. Tony Nash

Tony Nash Beast Owner Member

Steve,

I think it is a good & honourable thing you've done by standing up for fairness, though, I think Nick's reply to you also makes sense to me.

For me it's simple, whichever way somebody might rate Prochem products, they made me cough, Solution's cleaning agents just don't bother me in anyway, maybe you're fine with both.

I find Solutions cleaning agents are better with performance, economy and though I'd have trouble proving it personally, from what I can gather, Solution's is generally more Eco friendly.

Crikey, I was going through Trafficlean like it was beer :eek:....SPM lasts so well. ( I think that is a reasonable comparison ).

I don't think that this is wrong to say, it's my finding and I'm sharing it. If I found Prochem's products to be my preference, I'd no doubt be saying that instead, but I really couldn't be bothered posting something I didn't believe in.

As I say, you're speaking up for fairness but I think Nick's got a valid point too.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Steve Barnett

Steve Barnett Member

Out of order am I Nick ?!

Best we leave it there.
  12. Nick Robertson-Vousden

Fair enough Steve.
  13. Neil Jones

Neil Jones Member

Wht don't you sit on the fence Anthony :rofl:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. jim mcarthur

jim mcarthur Member

Steve would it not be equivalent to standard micro splitter but powdered
  15. Ross Ketley

Ross Ketley Member

Slightly off topic :wink: but SPM is the best micro splitter I have used, and being a bit of a slut I have used a few :smile:
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tony Nash

Life's too short Neil :lol:
    • Agreed Agreed x 1
  17. Tony Nash

Ross,

Did you think SPM = Slut's Powdered Microsplitter then? :lol:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Answer! Best Answer! x 1
  18. simon leyland

simon leyland Member

Hi, no not used SPM yet, was thinking of buying some and comparing. Am I better to start with the Sample Pack with World of Clean .
  19. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Simon,

The Sample Pack enables you to try several products - for free if you subsequently place an order within the prescribed time.
    • Agreed Agreed x 1
  20. Joe Hatton

Joe Hatton Member

know I have said it before :yes: BUT the Sample Pack for what it costs, will be the best buy you make in 2013.
    For around £60 (inc del & vat), you can turn that £60 into over £1000 turnover.
    And once you tried the SPM you will be ordering more, and as John says, order enough cleaning products and you will get your £60 back! Its a steal.
    • Agreed Agreed x 2