1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rotovac 360i or RX20?

Discussion in 'Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning' started by Billy Russell, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Advertisements:
    As the topic says, i was just wondering what peoples views were on the 2 machines!

I'm thinking about getting one or the other! Obviously i'll test both 1st but i was just wondering if anyone else has tried them or got them!

Cheers

Billy

2. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Putting aside the £1000 price difference, the RV 360i can be used to good effect of both large and domestic-sized areas whereas the RX20 is somewhat heavy and cumbersome to use on small areas but offers a slightly bigger footprint for wide open spaces.

So really, again ignoring cost, the decision should be largely based upon how you would use the tool.

If you are unsure of the mix of work then bring back into the equation the cost of purchase, the cost of repairs, and the effect that the added weight might have on your back and on the payload of your van.

3. Shaun Ashmore

Shaun Ashmore Member

Having had an RX20 I'd say that it will last far longer than a rv360i it does depend on what you intend to use it on, commercially it has to be the tank (RX 20)but if you plan to use it on domestic forget it!

Shaun

4. Dean Cudd

Dean Cudd Member

I use my rx 20 mostly commercial jobs, and some time on emty end of tenancy cleans. the real grotty ones.

5. Spencer Davies

Spencer Davies Member

Our RX20 Only gets used 10 times a year, but when I do use it, filthy carpets are cleaned easily any effectively, cracking bit of kit.

S

6. mark reynard

mark reynard Member

Honestly I used the rx 20 on loads of domestics that were grotty no problem but I do seem to be in the minority.

7. thanks for the replies!

I was thinking the same mark! the weight just doesn't bother me at all! I've used similar size and weight rotaries in a domestic situation! so i'm sure you could use it in a domestic if you wanted to

8. Angelo Gouveia

Angelo Gouveia Member

please advice on this machines!

i have a contract job on very filthy low profile carpets , so i am thinking to buy one of this machines for the job because i think it will give me better results then the wand , how do compare this 2 (Rotovac DHX)
    (RX20)for the commercial work ?

9. John Bolton

John Bolton Admin

Angelo,

Perhaps you are asking about the wrong machines. The Rotovac 360i is more comparable to the RX20.

There is a current thread running on the subject, so I'll merge the two treads.

Carpet Cleaning Network