LTT Leather

Suede

richard hand

Cleantalk Member
I have 2 real suede sofas to clean (cost new 5k). Moderate soiling on each but on one of the seats someone has been sick and the owner attempted to scrub it out with water and it doesnt look good. Unsure what to do here but surely I will have to spray extract the sick area? Would be using the cfr tool.

Peter Sullivan

Cleantalk Member
Richard under no circumstances apply any water, i have heard that dry steam can repair some pile damage on some fabrics but have never used it myself, if you apply water the pile will go flat and become hard contact judy before you continue. good luck

Peter Sullivan

Cleantalk Member
Hi Richard, if these sofas are suede then the damage has already been done with the addition of water, suede is water sensative, you can clean them by hand with a nubuck cloth which judy Bass can supply from LTT also she she may be able to give you some advice.

richard hand

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Peter, it certainly looks like damage may be done but I am wondering if wet cleaning can help. They may have to get an insurance claim anyway so am wondering if wet cleaning with leather detergents or even low moisture cleaning with MS may help followed by rinsing with the CFR tool with the holes open to allow air flow. I am thinking in terms of last resort cleaning.