£15 oven clean......

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Well a person inquiring just told me that she found a guy offering £15 for MSO....
Lowest i have come across. I politely explained if someone is willing to spend up to 1 and half hours for £15 then fair play to them...
but i doubt they would take that long more of a wipe and go in 30mins and onto the next one.....

Anyone come across any lower than that?

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
No recently saw one at £25 all I say is good luck to them. By the time you take business expenses off there is no profit. They just don't calculate the costs involved when they set up.

Ian Hare

Cleantalker Veteran
At least Elbow Grease would be a more appropriate product in this instance than being used on a sofa as per Tuesday.

• Agreed
Reactions: 2 users

Heidi Schachtschneider

Cleantalk Member
For a while I saw someone posting on Facebook market place for £10. There must have been a catch. But I noticed those adverts soon dried up! I bet they did a few and realised they'd made a serious financial miscalculation.

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
We’ve not been married long and only had one oven clean. I believe it was £30 and he was in and out in half an hour and didn’t do an amazing job, yet he had the flash uniform and van.

I’ve no idea what the going rate was/is but her indoors insists on doing it herself because of that one time. I said “they won’t all be like that” but I’m not arguing with her

Marcus Higgins

Cleantalk Member
I know very little about oven cleaning but no way would I pay less than £50. If it's less I suspect they won't have a dip tank etc. I saw a Polish bloke doing it for £20 whilst I was doing the carpets. His equipment consisted of a few scourers, Mr Muscle and one of those 97p buckets from B&Q. Fortunately my customer obviously valued her carpets a lot more than her oven!

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
Ill stick to my higher pricing, yes I miss some jobs but dont want cheap bargain hunters anyway. I always look at the old saying if it looks to good to be true it probably is. If people want to use the bodge it and scarper brigade they are most welcome. At the prices they charge they are unlikely to do a good job, unlikely to be insured and unlikely to be trained so could cause more damage than enough.

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
I was charging £40 for a single as of 2020 it's gone up to £45. Doubles have gone from £50 to £60 and Range cookers are £110+ depending on size. Reputation and word of mouth makes it viable. I never aimed to be the cheapest because you'll never be able to increase your prices without losing a shed load of customers who are used to the low prices.

Reactions: 1 users

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
42-45 for a single oven 50-60 for a double . And £100 for a range . 120 Aga . Commercial around £80 to £100. Friends tho family have had 25 to 30 . But in reality it getting a full week wages in ! That is the game .

Reactions: 1 user