New 2008 Scorpion 3xps

Shaun Ashmore

Cleantalk Member
John I will be delighted for you to buy me a pint, very kind of you! I will look for you at your stand, I'll be the one with the red carnation.

Shaun

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Actually Mark,

I offered a Yorkshireman a chance to provide me with a freebie and it looks like it will be my hand going into my pocket! :lol:

(I should have known!)

It would be my pleasure young Shaun :smile:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Steve,

Just one point.

The tank is perfectly capable of accepting a heater element. Other machines of the same material have been fitted with one (eg. the Century 400 range from the manufacturers of the Ninja).

Shaun Ashmore

Cleantalk Member
If I remember correctly Bane clean used to sell a drop in element with a metal box around it a suppose so not to melt the sides of the tank, don't know how H&S would go on with it though?

Shaun

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Shaun,

I think they did!

Ed Valentine has a similar device for the Recoil:

across_american.com_images_A10002.jpg

It is not available for the Scorpion range and there are no plans to introduce one

stuart clark

Cleantalk Member
I have one of those drop in heaters ie the picture above, Nick got it for me when I purchased my scorpian back in November!although it is 110 volts i have a 110 converter. its only rated at 1KW . since using micro splitters heat has never been an Issue, for instance I cleaned a solicitors office a few weeks ago, looked like these carpets had never been cleaned before, they were minging! oil walked in with dog muck and the customer hadn't any warm never mind hot water, I cleaned the whole lot with number 9 and rinsed out with just cold water and got a brilliant result and didn't need to spot the oil marks.

PS I have a v2 heat exchanger capable of almost steam boosted cleaning but when you get results like this why bother with heat

Stu Clark

mark shannon

Cleantalk Member
I have had a Recoil now for 4 years and use the heat exchanger when needed.Who would want to waste time waiting for an element to heat up to 50 liters? Plus it would add weight to a very light and manoeuvrable machine. The Scorpion looks spot on to me and at the moment would be my machine of choice when the Recoil gives up the ghost.