New 2008 Scorpion 3xps

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
The best of its kind is set to get even better!

As part of the continuous development programme, the

Scorpion 3XPS 2008 model has added features!

Not gimmics but refinements and improvements.

More to come!!!

Soon!

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
These improvements shall be known as: "THE BOLTON INNOVATIONS"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all;ALL over the World;
Ed Valentine

Des Rynne

Cleantalk Member
Ed while using my scorpion 500psi the other day i was just thinking that the only thing i do not like about this machine is when you have finished a job and you have to suck out the clean water and it got me thinking all the wear on the vac motors and the chance of sucking to much water into the waste tank and into the vac motor Yes you can drain it through the cleanwater return pipe but this takes for ever but it is great for cleaning the dirty tank Why not put a sludge valve on the clean side 'so speeding up emptying machine 'protecting the vac moter and prolonging the vac moter as you would not be using it so much It would probabley need a different type to the one on the sludge tank but still worth thinking about Des ps and you could call this the Des bolt -on innovations

bob saunders

Cleantalk Member
Can these 'new' refinements be added to the standard machine, so late 2007xps purchasers don't suffer too much from not having the latest innovations when we purchased!???????????????? or would we be required to purchase a complete new system?

Regards.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Bob,

The cost of converting to the full set would probably not be cost-justifiable.

With any product, be it a car, van, cleaning machine or whatever, there are always a few purchasers who think 'If I had known'. However if we all waited in case something new was going to come out we would never purcase anything.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Go On "Give it up!"
Just before Christmas tell us what's in-store for the new xps so that some can drool over it over the break.

Has it got some bells & whistles??:wink:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Steve,

The enhancements are mainly performance based, though there is something in the B&W department.

I'm afraid I could not source a suitable MP3 player for you though :smile: and if Nigel W is reading this - still no Cappuccino maker :wink:

OK some specifics:

The pump is still a quad-cell piston pump set to 500psi maximum pressure but with a higher potential flow rate. The pump motor has been upgraded from a .25 horse power to a .33 horse power, dual capacitor motor which offers even faster priming and maximum durability.

Changes have been made to the ventilation system - though the internal components were already cool-running it was felt that putting even more horsepower 'in the box' justified a review.

We have also made changes to modify the internal airflow patterns of the recovery tank.

As for the rest we'll keep you guessing - after all you have to have something to look forward to in the New Year ( Other than a hangover ) :wink:

Raymond Austin

Cleantalk Member
How about bolting a petrol engine to it so you dont have to plug it in.:smile::smile::smile: Only joking if we were in the market for a portable the scorpian would what we would go for.

Ray

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Oh do stop messing, I want my B&W, come on big John give it to me!!

Maybe when it has the
pressure gauge, multiple vac switches, airflow gauge & all my other wants that I've posted on the subject you could send me the spec with piccies, invite me along to try it out & let me know the price.
In time this looks to be an amazing machine. It has the grunt, that there's no doubt. It just needs a tweek here & there & a bit of finesse
Little bit like the actress in Miss Congeniality.
I have to say that I never buy the 1st of anything, I always wait for someone else to buy it, test it & then in a few years & a lot of tweeking & developing I may go for it. I like mine tried & tested.

Shaun Ashmore

Cleantalk Member
Will it still need all 3 plugs with the upgrades? As a high air flow porti I'd have liked a heater (no politics involved) it'll be nice to see it in the new year and probably in the flesh at Carpetex.

Shaun

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Shaun,

It will still need TWO plugs!

As stated many times before heat is available for those who want it - via an external heat exchanger, a system I have used for many years and so much more practical than heating water 100 feet away from the work area. It also has the important benefit that those who do not want additional heating facility are not forced to buy it.

Modularity:
Basic machine + optional external heat exchanger, external booster, auxiliary tanks, and a few more modules soon to be revealed. Each user has the choice to customise and evolve the overall system by buying only those modules that fit requirements and/or budget.

PS.
It would be nice to see you at Carpex - might even let you buy me a pint!

bob saunders

Cleantalk Member
Hello John thankyou for your answer, your statements however are rather obvious and maybe my question was not received correctly, i will forgive your mis-interpretation (lol), i was merely interested as to whether the new additions would be 'modular' to the basic machine as they are now, or if a complete new machine would need purchasing in order to 'upgrade', however Nick has done a good job of answering my query thank you both.

Regards and seasons greetings to all.

Mark Roberts.

Cleantalk Member
Yes John but what about those of us who dont need to use it with 100ft, or operate it from the van, but operate it as a portable and actually want an element heater, at least offering it as an option would be nice.

I dont care much for inline heaters and most of my portable work is max 50ft usually 25ft. Re the leads surely the element heater could share a plug with the vacs and be operated by a safety switch so that the plug can be switched over to use the vacs when required.

Its what the customer wants not what the supplier thinks we want.

If this could be achieved Id probably sell the Ninja and buy one.

Mark

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Mark,

It would not simply be a matter of fitting a heater element, a shield plate, a thermostat, a stack pipe, cages to protect the pick-up and return pipes, a changeover switch, the additional wiring and a few other bits an pieces. It would mean imposing a price increase on those who do not require all these additional components and compromising an already very successful machine, but also compromising future developments (which I am NOT prepared to discuss).

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Mark

I stand to be corrected, but the vac/heater arrangement you speak of was used on early Advantage machines from Alltec. They've stopped doing that now. Somebody told me it was down to safety issues but I can't be sure. Perhaps somebody may have better knowledge/experiences of the issue?

Safe and Happy Christmas :smile:
Ken

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
Mark;

You had mentioned:

"Its what the customer wants not what the supplier thinks we want."

I must AGREE , with this statement!

With my past experience as a successful business person and Contract Carpet Cleaner who demanded -performance-reliability-elimination of tripping circuits-and etc....., and one who recognized common sense at the end of the day, THAT IS EXACTLY what got myself started in the manufacturing business in the first place.

However; I must respectfully disagree with your "assumption" that we do not listen to our customers. We have proven over the past 30 years of fabrication that ,in fact, we DO LISTEN and many of our customers will attest to that fact. In fact, don't blink because the machine you may have purchased today will probably be much better tomarrow.

And as serious and honest as I am in regards to that, that can also be proven by the hugh impact that our products have had in this market and Industry because of the cloners who have been riding our coat-tails over the past several years.

So, in conclusion, your assumption may be correct with other SUPPLIERS, but not with Solutions, UK.................or the company that I have proudly owned and operated for the benefit of those who want the facts, terrific and well thought out products with innovation, but not all the generic Sugar Coating that sometimes seems so common.

Happy Holidays to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Mark
Recoil have designed us a "base" machine that can obviously be adapted to suit our individual needs to a degree. Like all machines it won't suit everyone as we all have differant wants. It is primarily designed on air flow hence the 3 vacs hence the 2 plugs. Chances are that with the "harnessed" electrics it is drawing max ampage & so as not to strain the motors (& custy circoits) it had to have a second plug. Now if heat were to be added (internal) then there's a problem! You couldn't put all that power (assume 3Kw heating element) on the same plug as a motor, it's just too much current, & the standard use of 3 plugs for 1 machine is ludicrous as they could not all be used togeather. I remember when Alltec tried 3 vacs (Millenium edition) & found that whatever set up they used it wasn't that great. It had 2 plugs & heat but you could not have the motors going & have the heater working.
I believe (I may stand corrected) but the design of the tank bottom cannot accept an internal heater part due to the tanks flexibility & underneath workings, but as heat dependant chems are being deemed "old hat" by some of us I can see a reaasoning behind not having one but yes it would be nice if one was offered but as like so many other machines they are mostly assembled in the US we are always going to be limited on choice. & choice is something we all have, if you like it & can see potential then it's a good buy, if you can't stand it then you're simply gonna look elsewhere, simple.
Personally I quite like the Scorp, yes it has a way to go (IMO) but it's still young in the UK. Time will tell. Part of me still likes British made & parts that can be picked up very easily, the Scorp may be the same (easy parts) I couldn't say.

Sounds like it's a "watch this space".
(Can I have a pink one??) :evilgrin: