After Builders Clean

Christian Frigo

Cleantalk Member
Hi there, sorry I put the wrong title at an earlier port.
I run a small family cleaning business, and mainly do end of tenancies which I have no issues in quoting.
One of my clients have asked me to quote for an after builders clean but the issue I have is that the property is very large otherwise wouldn’t be a problem to quote.
Does anyone here could give me a hand to quote for this job? It is the first of many to come and I need to get this right.
Many Thanks in advance

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
We tend to find that an after build is usually 30-50% more than an EOT in both time and therefore cost.
Lots of window glass to clean, lots of polishing, stickers to remove from appliances (and usually kitchen cupboard internals), dusting, dusting and more dusting.

Christian Frigo

Cleantalk Member
Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply.
Even a eot at this property would be difficult for me to price, it has 3 kitchens,8 bedrooms, lift, 7 bathrooms, cinema, in total it has 49 areas/rooms, it is a very high end property.

Stephen Trollope

Cleantalk Member
Go into each room with the client, discuss what they need doing and write down what was asked for, then write the number of hours to clean that room, add up the numbers add 10%(for error) and times it by what you want to earn an hour. Give the client a copy of what you discussed, so they can't come back to you and say you missed something. Do not do it cheap and find out when you will be paid.

Reece inman

Cleantalk Member
100% agree with Stephen. Also you can always come down in price. Depending on how the customer feels not he price of you explain you price you should be fine.