aga simmering kid

Hellen pods

Cleantalk Member
I have been pre warned on my job tomorrow that the simmering lid is disgusting any tips on how to remove the burnt on carbon easily have done one before and really couldn’t shift it

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
Hellen I assume you mean the aluminium inside the lid if so I use astonish and lots of elbow grease. Of course more experienced members may have a better idea.

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
only done a few but pink stuff/astonish give it a good scrub in round motions to make sure any scratches look perfect :P

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Hi Helen, do you use a degreaser? If so just make a strong one up , one extra teaspoon will make all the difference.
Spray it on , then some cream cleaner and start scrubbing .

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
teaspoon ? sorry if being dumb aha
I guess you don't use a degreasing powder?. You should try it , costs around £30 for a tub of yellow degreasing powder which lasts for about eight years. Put a couple of teaspoons of it into a sprayer add warm water give it a shake and you're good to go.
If you need a stronger mix, just add another teaspoon full.

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
I guess you don't use a degreasing powder?. You should try it , costs around £30 for a tub of yellow degreasing powder which lasts for about eight years. Put a couple of teaspoons of it into a sprayer add warm water give it a shake and you're good to go.
Duncan.

I have never heard of degreasing powder I always get it as a liquid. Which on do you use?

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
What powder and where from currently use gp413 :lol:

Hellen pods

Cleantalk Member
I do use a degreaser first then paste this was it pasted up

Attachments

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Paste should do it and little circler movements Let the paste work in and take 20 mins . Adding fairy dust won't make it easy ! Just effort !!