Alkaline footprints on polish porcelain

Lucas Malin

Cleantalk Member
Hi
Looking for help.
After cleaning carpets had left footprints on floor probably some after alkaline prespray with soluboost. Sts on the way.
How to tackle this??
Crb +sts then rinse or rotary with white melamine pad and rinse?

Attachments

Lewis Newby

Cleantalk Member
If it is porcelain then it shouldn't have damaged it, more likely it has left clean marks where the products have cleaned those areas. Are you setup and trained for hardfloor cleaning? It would have been good to have quoted for a hard floor clean when you quoted the carpets, probably worth much more then the carpet job tbh

Lucas Malin

Cleantalk Member
Have setup excluding sx15, Im not trained and don't provide hard floor cleaning at the moment just trying to solve problem, prefer to give job to someone professional but would like to know how to tackle this issue

Lewis Newby

Cleantalk Member
In that case you could simply return and spray down some STS , give it a scrub and rinse it away. If it's select tiles you could do this by hand but it will highlight how dirty the others are, perhaps fix the footprints and pass the lead for hard floor cleaning onto someone local to you?

Fwiw when I do a demo I use a little cleaning solution in one of these https://www.worldofclean.co.uk/upholstery-applicator-brush/ and wipe off with a damp cloth ,usually enough to get the customer interested in booking

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Personally I would def avoid melamine pads for such small job/incident. It will highlight areas as stated above and unless keep lubricated will/may effect the polish if there is any on it. Sts and light scrub way to go. Softly does it as trying feather it in to just rectify your error.

Paul White

Cleantalk Member
Definitely get a bit of hard floor knowledge so you can identify easy and earn money from cleaning ceramic, glazed porcelain and know that with basic knowledge you shouldn't f up. I remember someone saying " if you don't do tile & grout you could be walking over dollars per sq/ft to earn cents". You don't need an SX15 like you don't need a CRB for tile & grout cleaning.

Lucas Malin

Cleantalk Member
I have all what I need, just Im not able to travel to UK for a proper training, unfortunately nothing in Ireland at the moment so far as I know, even Northern Ireland šŸ˜•

Thomas Norris

Cleantalk Member
Hi
Looking for help.
After cleaning carpets had left footprints on floor probably some after alkaline prespray with soluboost. Sts on the way.
How to tackle this??
Crb +sts then rinse or rotary with white melamine pad and rinse?

Lukas I have White Diamond quartz ones in our kitchen. Cleaned my sofa in there with an alkaline cleaner and left footprints.

I sprayed the same alkaline cleaner in a microfibre cloth and wiped the whole kitchen floor over and it looked brand new šŸ˜‚