At a nightmare customer right now

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Anyway turned up to job Booked in single oven checked recording and defo she says 1 door ect... so she argued about that. Now the main oven is self cleaning sides top ect... its 20 years old but moaning about this being still on the roof. Is they anything else I can do to try get it off.

Attachments

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Should of been £55 dropped it to £45 as she still thinks it's a single. But I'll see if she pays lol

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Sorry to read this Lee, especially on a Friday afternoon! Unless you've got a spot of caustic just to dab on that roof to help dissolve the carbon, there's not much more to suggest if it won't come off with wet paste, a good dwell and blading. I hope she pays you.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi lee

Some customers just expect way too much. If I come across anything like this I start by explaining I will try my best but because of the age I can not promise it will come off.

Then wait and see what there reaction is first. You can either walk away or carry on.

I am afraid you have to educate some people and manage there expectations . After 13 years I am pretty good at this now. Don't ever feel frightened to turn a job down follow your gut instinct and you will save yourself a lot of hassle.

For a cooker 20 years old looks like you have done a cracking job just no pleasing some people.

Steve

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
I said that i do best job i can. I've had some bad customers over the last 3 years. i tried to turn it down one point i shouted down to wife get stuff out were putting it back together and leaving lol.
£40 for 2 hours work made me late is the annoying thing for what could have taken me 30 mins :down:

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
@Lee Wagstaff no worries , had a woman phone asking lots of questions about how well these stay clean sides clean and that hers had been cleaned but she didnt think it was done well , I told her its lucky did on this type sometimes . glad its sorted