Axminster Carpet With Heavy Dye Bleed In Testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Leeder

Cleantalk Member
Hi all. I have an pattered (some cream areas) Axminster carpet with red background which blead like mad when tested. Can Final Phase be used as a dye stabaliser pre treatment before cleaning. If so what dilution and procedure should be used.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
I have found, Ken, that different dyes will require different acids to stabilise them, so you need to test with different products.

In recent years, I have used diluted Fibre and Fabric Rinse from Prochem and it worked perhaps 80% of the time. I then found that acetic acid (using distilled vinegar) was successful on the problematic ones.

About a couple or three years ago, I had an axminster bleeder. Non of the above worked. Final Phase was the new kid on the block, I tested and Bingo! Cleaned it every year since. Final Phase has worked on every bleeder I've had since.

My way of working is to THOROUGHLY vac. Treat with Final Phase. Brush in with pile brush. Then the normal cleaning regime with suitable pH product (Fusion 8 or M Power if not Woolsafe Compliant) minimal agitation but Final Phase in the rinse.

Your testing will reveal what ratios to use.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Final Phase was the new kid on the block, I tested and Bingo! Cleaned it every year since. Final Phase has worked on every bleeder I've had since.

My way of working is to THOROUGHLY vac. Treat with Final Phase. Brush in with pile brush. Then the normal cleaning regime with suitable pH product (Fusion 8 or M Power if not Woolsafe Compliant) minimal agitation but Final Phase in the rinse.

Your testing will reveal what ratios to use.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

I've followed that procedure a few times over the last few years Ken, just wondering what sort of dwell time you always feel is about right with the Final Phase treatment?

20 - 30 mins? That's about the length of time I go for anyway.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Maybe David, but I'd classify that as part of the inspection and testing regime, not the actual clean.

After all, this is an internet forum, not a training course, so you'll only get pointers here.

To see the whole picture, you need to attend a formal training course. Not just any old training course, but one blessed with Cornish sunshine. For more details....................................................................

Safe and happy bleeding:giggle:
Ken

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Ken,

My last dose of Cornish sunshine took three days to dry! :smile:

Tony,

I have found that if an acid stabiliser is going to work, then it will show within a minute, which is sufficient for test purposes. However some additional dwell time will be beneficial to ensure that the product has sufficiently penetrated to all parts of the pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.