Back to work?

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
My phone has started ringing again , so on Monday I am going back to work only for 2 or 3 days a week to start with and only 2 or 3 jobs each day.
Provided the customer lets me in, leaves payment on the side (or bank transfer) and just leaves me to it.
Eight weeks off is enough ,
Shouldn't be a problem if everyone sticks to it , most off my customers are regulars so shouldn't be a problem explaining it to them.

Reactions: 1 users

Antony Luperi

Cleantalk Member
I’m pretty positive there will me a massive second wave so I’m holding off for 2 weeks to see what happens.....as painful as it is.

• Agreed

Jacob Ward

Cleantalk Member
I have a feeling you are right Antony

Peoples guard is down

In wales laws haven't changes and yet the traffic has doubled since last week
No joke !

We had 2 tractors pass our house this morning

12 cows
3 quad bikes
A farmer wearing a mask and blue gloves !

And 3 geese waddling to the next field to eat the barley shoots.

I'll get the gun.

Roast goose for tea it is... !

J

• Funny

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Just had my walk. On my narrow bit the path was 2m wide, so I walk completely on one side. 2 people coming toward me side by side, one stays on the other side, the other walks down the middle closer to me, a complete stranger :nocomment:

I get people having different opinions on things such as masks....but surely this was logical, walk behind or in front of the person they were with :doh:
These are the ones that will spread it again

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Speaking to a mate who's a domestic appliance engineer and back at work, he said customers are either completely over the top or couldn't give a toss, varies house to house

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Already been out and about . Wil do more have a booking for a few weeks . Plus a few getting back to me . But also enjoying the break. 2nd wave !! I hope not . It's killing of the uk week by week but peope but mass job losses are coming !

Chris Powell

Cleantalk Member
No not yet. Waiting until the second wave is over with. Especially with the weather forecast for the weekend, people will be everywhere!

Antony Luperi

Cleantalk Member
The thing is, most people I see comment on Facebook or next door feel so entitled that they simply don’t care. They do what they want. And the thing with social distancing is (aside from boris bumbling and spluttering his vague and senseless rules) is that everyone as far as possible needs to do it. And people won’t. The second wave of Spanish flu kill 10x the amount of the first wave. So I’m simply waiting to see what happens. Don’t get me wrong I hope there is no second wave, I hope that we can rely on the public’s common sense. But I’m certainly not banking on that.

Clever move by the gov though, to escape culpability of how badly they have handled all of this they shift the responsibility onto the people.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
One thing I am concernred about is whether to wear a mask or not. I dont fancy a couple of hours hard graft in one as it will be too uncomfortable and hot. I picked a neighbour up from A&E last week and wore a mask for 1hour while only driving. Still very hot and uncomfortable. As @Duncan McIver said the customer should let you in, get out of the way for the duration of the clean and leave the money on the side. The day before I stopped working I went into a house and was coughed upon by an old smoker who had been coughing and blowing smoke in peoples faces all his life. You can be as careful as you want but its other people you need to watch. I will also be waiting for a couple of weeks to see if any spike before I start again. STAY SAFE

Adrian Geyer

Cleantalk Member
Phones ringing again. Work booked in for next week. Seems people are wanting us back in their homes again. With common sense distancing etc will be tentatively stepping out again. Yeah....

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
The positive thing I can see coming out of this 1st wave is that our phones are all ringing. I've only taken a couple jobs in empty properties but am getting 4-6 calls a day that i am having to turn down. So it looks like we will all have a business when this passes.
I do worry about a second spike and as a slightly overwieght man in his 50's i know i have to be careful. What im hunting for is a big student landlord with a couple hundred empty properties, they will have to be turned around eventually for incoming students.
I also think/hope that the kind of people that will suffer in the upcoming depression are not really our customers anyway, don't mean to sound callous .
I also think that in the upcoming months with the amount of job losses and business failures combined with Chinese not buying our land rovers, (not even started the brexit pain yet) puts us in a unique position.
I think our ability to leave the house everyday and come back home with a couple hundred quid in our pockets will very soon start to look like walking on water

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
One thing I am concernred about is whether to wear a mask or not. I dont fancy a couple of hours hard graft in one as it will be too uncomfortable and hot. I picked a neighbour up from A&E last week and wore a mask for 1hour while only driving. Still very hot and uncomfortable. As @Duncan McIver said the customer should let you in, get out of the way for the duration of the clean and leave the money on the side. The day before I stopped working I went into a house and was coughed upon by an old smoker who had been coughing and blowing smoke in peoples faces all his life. You can be as careful as you want but its other people you need to watch. I will also be waiting for a couple of weeks to see if any spike before I start again. STAY SAFE
I tried a mask, I struggled as there is limited oxygen getting in on a decent mask. Carpet cleaning takes a lot of effort and you draw more in..

I've now started asking the custard cream to stay in another room...

Reactions: 1 user

Gabriel Nagy

Cleantalk Member
Started very well for me too, phone ringing, website enquires, etc. Will try to keep in line with socail distancing and rules but the bloody mask is a pain in the a...s:smile: