Been asked to provide a quote for office cleaning

Olly Hammonf

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone,

I have just been contacted by a property management company asking me to provide a quote one office block that they manage. I have been to site and had a look. I am just looking for any advice/tips from you lovely lot as this will be my first time quoting on an office type clean. The details are listed below:

- Monday - Friday daily clean in Zone 1 (London)

- It is a 6 floor office block + reception

- They want 6 x flights of stairs (carpet) hoovered

- 6 x flights of stairs (stone) hoovered + mopped

- Shower room consisting of 4 x showers (1 floor only) to be cleaned

- 7 x communal areas including reception area to be hoovered and mopped

- 1 x utility room to be hoovered and mopped

- 3 x toilets per floor (18 in total)

- 1 x disabled toilet per floor (7 including reception)

I was thinking have a minimum of 3/4 cleaners @ 3 hours each? Any advice/tips on pricing the job would be greatly (MASSIVELY) appreciated. Also, does anyone have a checklist template/Quote template that they wouldn't mind sharing?

As always thanks in advance. I have also attached pics of relevant areas.

Attachments

Olly Hammonf

Cleantalk Member
How long did last cleaners take and is it quality or price that stopped them using them
Great questions:

Apparently there was only 1 cleaner doing it before and it took her approximately 4 hours, however i think that's impossible given the size of the building. I asked them what they weren't happy with and they replied quality of cleaning (1 person cleaning the entire building) but I get the impression price wise, they want to see if they can get a better deal.

Paul Gemmell

Cleantalk Member
Not sure how much the showers are used, but I worked in a gym/leisure club years ago and the cleaners had a right job every few days scrubbing the showers clean.

They probably had a lot more traffic, but I know it was about half an hours hard graft per shower cubicle.

Olly Hammonf

Cleantalk Member
Not sure how much the showers are used, but I worked in a gym/leisure club years ago and the cleaners had a right job every few days scrubbing the showers clean.

They probably had a lot more traffic, but I know it was about half an hours hard graft per shower cubicle.
They didn't look in too bad of a state to be fair i..e not that much soap scum on screens etc. Thanks for that! Good to know roughly how long each cubicle will take to get clean.

Olly Hammonf

Cleantalk Member
Give them a better service at your price that you are happy with

And dont cut corners.

Otherwise its the run to the bottom game on time allowance and price.

J
Cheers! Would you recommend any formulas, strategies for calculating my price? As I mentioned, this part of the cleaning game is all new to me and would love to get your input. Thanks in advance!

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
So, there was 1 cleaner doing 4 hours, you are thinking 3/4 cleaners at 3 hours each, so that is 9 or 12 hours.
They were not happy with standard of clean (you think 4 hours is too tight) but then you add you think price wise they looking for a better deal.
Using the above…….. it doesn’t seem to add up to me.

Chris Birkett

Cleantalk Member
All that they see is £ signs. Numbers. They might say the quality of the last cleaner was poor, but I suspect they are thinking they want better quality at the same price (or cheaper).

Problem you have is they got used to paying cheap. You now have to show them the value of paying more for a quality service.

Hope you manage that, as your price will be 3-4 x the last cleaner (or more). And that will be the first thing they look at before the quality of the work. It's a hard game to be in. Good luck.

James Smith

Cleantalk Member
One woman did all that in four hours , who was she Linda Carter ( wonder woman )
Stairs , one hour , toilets 5 mins each = 90 mins

Two cleaners four hrs each @ £15 p/h

If you are to supply toilet rolls bin bags etc then charge as a separate item