Black Mould Removal

Discussion in 'Rug Cleaning Issues' started by Eddie Spalding, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Eddie Spalding

Eddie Spalding Member

Advertisements:
    Hello all
    I've come across a rug with black mould spots all over it. Customer says its drink spillage from his children. I've tried a number of cleaning products but only managed to slightly improve the look.
    Also still smells quite bad. Only been doimg carpet cleaning a few times a month over the last 2 years. So i kmow i still have a lot to learn
    Thanks in advance for any help given.
    I'll post a picture of the rug while im here

Attached Files:

2. Steve Porter

Steve Porter Moderator

Should be a fairly easy clean on that synthetic rug, you could even flood clean it.
    Maybe the number of products you're already used A/ weren't good enough, B/ not chemically correct for these stains, C/ weren't used quite right or something else, maybe using a bunch more product might help.....btw what products are currently being used on this?

Smells are simple enough to get rid of, it might be souring or more likely fermented spillage mixing with the dirt & chemical residues?

They're drink spills as close up they don't have the appearance of black mould which would be easier to shift.

3. Eddie Spalding

Eddie Spalding Member

Hi Steve thank you for your educated reply. They are drink spillages like the customer said.
    I went to.work on the rug again today and flood cleaned it like you said.The stains are 80% gone now there are a few left but even they have lightened in apperance.
    As for the smell, i used odour fresh after the flood clean and now the sour smell has all but gone. Left it to air dry after vacuuming so should definately know full results in the morning.
    Thanks again for you reply.

4. Ken Wainwright

Ken Wainwright Solution Training Instructor Moderator

Hi Eddie, and :welcome:

Some great advice from Steve.

Mould is a living organism. Best try to think of it as being like the roots of a plant. They grow and weave their way through and into the host "food". Once this deep penetration of , in your example, the carpet fibres has occurred, it is possible to kill the mould but the dead material may remain, totally encased within it's host. So, the mould may be dead but the stain or appearance may remain.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
    Ken

5. Eddie Spalding

Eddie Spalding Member

Thank you all for you encouraging feedback to my post. My first one and sure it wont be my last.
    Keep up the good work moderators and members.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice