Blade marks.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
It's rare but sometime after cleaning the door glass I notice light black marks left by the blading process.
It doesn't seem to clean off either.

As I only had about 6 hours of training and it's all been on-the-job learning since, is anyone able to let me know what I'm doing wrong on these rare occasions.

Hard to see but it's at the top centre, small light black blade markings.

20210810_131423.jpg

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
It’s very rare that a blade is required to clean glass. Are you warming the oven before cleaning?
What spray cleaner are you applying?
With a warm oven, good cleaner and a little dwell time you should be able to just wipe away.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
It’s very rare that a blade is required to clean glass. Are you warming the oven before cleaning?
What spray cleaner are you applying?
With a warm oven, good cleaner and a little dwell time you should be able to just wipe away.
The way i was shown was to always blade but was with dirt busters paste, now I'm using gloop cold and it works great. Most of the cleans i get the door is black with carbon, if it's not bad I just use some degreaser and wipe.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
I could be wrong, but I think most people warm it up first to soften the dirt.
It's more than likely but this way I don't need to wait around, while the oven heats up and I have the door cleaned in the first 10mins.

Either way the question still stands what could be causing the marks. I doubt it's the gloop as it would happen every time it has to be something with the blading.

John Allton

Cleantalk Member
Not sure Harry I have had it happen on rare occasions. May be something to do with the glass being either heat or chemically treated to give the glass heat protection. To be fair I only blade on the stubbornness carbonised glass I preheat add a little chemical and usually just wipe away the crud using the blade on the stubburn bits. Keep the glass lubricated with washing liquid and only ever go in one direction with the blade.

pete ashton

Cleantalk Member
Surprised how many of you dont blade glass, I always blade glass. Total strip down, vanquish, dwell, blade. Virasol, then soapy water and a final clean and buff with glass cleaner. Never failed me in 20+ years, never heat up either. Could try 0004 I think wire wool, for polishing metal as possibly etched from someone else or manufacture?

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Surprised how many of you dont blade glass, I always blade glass. Total strip down, vanquish, dwell, blade. Virasol, then soapy water and a final clean and buff with glass cleaner. Never failed me in 20+ years, never heat up either. Could try 0004 I think wire wool, for polishing metal as possibly etched from someone else or manufacture?
I'm quite surprised too, it must take ages to clean a door their way.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
This can happen if the glass has some sort of "easy clean" coating on it. You will usually see something like "easy clean" stamped on the glass on a few of them. Or the blade will not slide across the glass smoothly, but kind of drag.

If the glass was that bad then put it in the tank. No blade or anything sharp needs touch the glass then, providing the glass is removable. Which from your picture it looks like it is.