Guest viewing is limited
  • You have a limited number of page views remaining
  • 3 guest views remaining

Block Paving Driveway and Indian Sandstone Patio

Josh Taylor

Cleantalk Member
I have an Excentr 30-20+ which I use to clean Hard Floor. A customer has asked me to clean an Indian Sandstone Patio and a Block Paved driveway.

I am going to look at the job first, any loose blocks/slabs, re-sanding needing done that's not for me and I will not take the job on, I simply want to clean it.

I know my Excentr can be used externally but I have never done it. If the Indian Sandstone is just in need of a clean is it a pressure wash or a pad that would be best? I will seal the Indian Sandstone afterwards weather permitting.

If all is well with the Block Paved drive I will just pressure wash. Anything else I can offer the customer for the drive?

Thanks

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
I am going to look at the job first, any loose blocks/slabs, re-sanding needing done that's not for me and I will not take the job on, I simply want to clean it.
Get that done before you touch it

I know my Excentr can be used externally but I have never done it. If the Indian Sandstone is just in need of a clean is it a pressure wash or a pad that would be best?
depending on what is on it, I have on 90% of indian sandstone gone in with chemicals to get the finish I want.

I will seal the Indian Sandstone afterwards weather permitting.
Good luck till march....

If all is well with the Block Paved drive I will just pressure wash. Anything else I can offer the customer for the drive?
Dont bother.

Have you done much work like this before ?

Jetwashing ?

J

Josh Taylor

Cleantalk Member
I always inspect and test Hard Floor, or in this case a patio, before quoting/cleaning. The job won't be booked in until March/April time. Nothing has been done to the Indian Sandstone. I will do a test patch with various grade of pads then to see the outcome on that.

Never pressure washed Block Paving before.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Right

Block paving you will need to resend annyway when dry, next day usually

I cannot highly enough reccomend a flat surface cleaner, so much better than a wand with that finish result.
If it's heavy growth a biocide put down a month beforehand will save you time on the day

As regards sandstone most of it is biological growth, softwash it and then whizz over with your 20+ with no weights and a brown pad.

J

Josh Taylor

Cleantalk Member
Well I'm avoiding the Block Paving then. Don't like to dabble in things I don't know.

What do you mean by soft wash? I have never heard of brown pads?