Bosch door

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
Had a bosch oven clean today. I have attached some images as I was unsure about removing the door and separating the glasses. The hinges had a clip to lift and appeared to lock the hinge before the door closed so I thought great that will lift off but without forcing it I was unable.
The top of the door had a clipped on trim and when removed you could see all the panes of glass but I was unable to move them. There was a screw on each side and I thought these might help if loosened but unfortunately I could only access one as the oven was too close to a wall for the other side. I managed to clean it enough as wasnt too bad between glass panes but would be grateful if anyone can shed more light on how to do it for future jobs.
20200204_113721.jpg20200204_113806.jpg20200204_113739.jpg20200204_113727.jpg20200204_113715.jpg

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Hi Derek, done one of these myself today . Here's how you do it. To split the door , don't remove the door from the oven. take off top cover. You then next place a cloth over the top of the door to make sure it doesn't close. Then remove the side screws. You then remove the outer door by lifting it up.
You will then see the inner glass has two tabs at the top, they push straight up (make sure you hold onto the glass to stop it falling) then the glass just drops out.
After cleaning the inner glass fits into two lugs at the bottom then push the top two straight down and this will hold it in place.
Now the tricky bit, replacing the outer door, you will notice to clips at the bottom which slide in the holes on the door, however there is also two clips in the middle PLUS the top as to be straight, the trick is to line then all up and do then at the same time,rather than trying to put the bottom ones in first. Then replace the screws and top cover.
Looks and sounds complicated but its not, just a bit fiddley putting the outer door back on.
Hope that helps, BTW if the customer has the manuel there is a step by step guide in it

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
Hi Derek, done one of these myself today . Here's how you do it. To split the door , don't remove the door from the oven. take off top cover. You then next place a cloth over the top of the door to make sure it doesn't close. Then remove the side screws. You then remove the outer door by lifting it up.
You will then see the inner glass has two tabs at the top, they push straight up (make sure you hold onto the glass to stop it falling) then the glass just drops out.
After cleaning the inner glass fits into two lugs at the bottom then push the top two straight down and this will hold it in place.
Now the tricky bit, replacing the outer door, you will notice to clips at the bottom which slide in the holes on the door, however there is also two clips in the middle PLUS the top as to be straight, the trick is to line then all up and do then at the same time,rather than trying to put the bottom ones in first. Then replace the screws and top cover.
Looks and sounds complicated but its not, just a bit fiddley putting the outer door back on.
Hope that helps, BTW if the customer has the manuel there is a step by step guide in it
Duncan,
Thanks for that at least I know in future. I assume the screws are the ones in my picture on the each side. If so I couldn't do it today as with the wall so close. Hopefully others will be fitted where I can get access.
I never ask for the manual as I think customers expect us to know do you find most customers dont mind you asking?

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Yes that's the screws, bad planning if its next to a wall.
Asking for a manual , not something I would do HOWEVER ,that's just my pride . A couple of years ago a customer left it out for me (I don't think I would have figured it out without it)

Reactions: 1 user

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
Yes that's the screws, bad planning if its next to a wall.
Asking for a manual , not something I would do HOWEVER ,that's just my pride . A couple of years ago a customer left it out for me (I don't think I would have figured it out without it)
Duncan, great thanks for your help. Its good to know I couldn't have done better with that one but ideal learning opportunity for next time.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
I dread these 'trap a tea towel' doors! I had a Neff like that the other day. There was supposed to be a way to get the door off on this Neff, but it involved pushing hard on the door inwards towards the oven, and I couldn't get it to budge. So had to do a back breaking clean leaning over it. It was possible to split it in situ using the trap a tea towel method. Which always terrifies me after struggling in the past trying to get the outer door to hook back in properly. Why can't they just make life simple and keep doors easy to split?!

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Derek,

As duncan said its correct. If its next to a wall you can use an alun key to undo side screw. You are suppost to be able to lift the door off by moving the clips on hinge as you mentioned. However you do get the odd few that wont lift of especially the microwave doors.

When you put the plastic cover back on that goes across the top dont tighten the side screws up all the way just enough to hold the door on. You will then find the plastic cover goes on easier then tighten after.

There are posts somewhere on here about these doors.

Steve