Burn marks?

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
So since I'm still saving for training I went to clean an oven for friend for a little hands on practice.

Everything went well except the pan grills which from what I can tell is burn markings and not carbon.

It would of came up as a good as new if I spent hours scrubbing but I wasn't up for that, plus it had a good hour in the tank beforehand.

Is there any tricks to getting it done quickly or did I do the right thing and left it?

Gareth Paul Williams

Cleantalk Member
Sucks when you dip a carbon covered rack only to discover an hour later it was all rusty underneath! I've never had a problem though, customers understand you're there to clean not to repair. In fact only one guy has ever been disappointed after seeing his corroded racks, on a nearly new rangemaster, he complained to them rather than me about it. You also see a lot of tarnishing on racks from self cleaning ovens and gas ovens, again you can't clean it away.

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
nothing will sort that , you will get it a lot on pyro ovens as the customer dont read the instructions , same when they are all rusty you just clean the crud the rest is permanant