LTT Leather

Car Seats Bmw

Stephen Walters

Cleantalk Member
Not looking at this job until Thursday, it' a high end Beemer & he' messaged me saying that he had it valeted & this stain is still there, looking at the photo it just looks like general soiling to me, but has anyone got any other thoughts on this? On the other hand I can't see this car ever being abused enough to get the seats that dirty by looking at the rest of the photo Screenshot_20180409-190239.png

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
This looks like some sort of damage rather than soiling.
You should be able to tell the difference when you see it.
Any other advice please ask
Cheers
Judyb

Stephen Walters

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Judy this is also a photo of what was used, too me looking at the photo & the rest of the seat that is visable I just can't see the owner ever letting the seats get that dirty in the first place, especially when he told me that he has it valeted one a year

Attachments

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
Not a particularly good cleaner!!
The first thing would be to deep clean and then see what happens. If deep cleaning dies not solve the problem then they are definitely damaged but this will probably be obvious anyway.
Once a year is not often enough for pale coloured leather but if it was just dirt I would expect to see it over more of the seat.

Hope this helps
Judyb

Stephen Walters

Cleantalk Member
Im just going off what he's saying, but someone has just valeted his car & returned it like this saying its a permanent stain that they couldn't remove, he's not blaming the cleaning company he just wants to know if it's cleanable

Stewart Cowie

Cleantalk Member
Could be some sort of dye transfer, but as Judy says, I would also expect to see that on all of the seating area. It also looks like maybe something has been spilled there at some point, hot drink maybe? What ever it is, it looks like the next stage is restoration.

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
looks like it would after using Prep! Taken it down the leather underneath.

Got a BMW on Saturday morning, had to break the news to him that it was "bonded" leather..