Carrying oven parts out to van

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
HI

many years ago I had some newspaper bags made to measure which I used to carry all the parts in and out of the customers house.

They have finally fallen apart after about 10 years and I can no longer get any made.

Just wondering what things other people use and any links would be great.

So annoying when doing range cookers having to make multiple trips out to van when I only used to do one trip.

Steve

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Gareth

Yes saw those but they are tiny. It was much better when I couod get them made to measure.

May order one though as better than carrying the parts

Steve

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
Hi I just use one of those big plastic/thread type you use to take washing to a Laundry the big ones. Just ideal for all stuff esp Range ovens, glass etc. Never broke anything yet and you have one free hand to open doors etc cost a couple of quid thats about it

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
I use a big thick rectangular plastic box which I got from IKEA a few years ago. I use it to keep my kit in too. I carry it into the house, lay out my kit, put all the bits in it and carry out to van. Seldom had to do 2 trips.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Duncan

Very clever but I woukd rather not risk scratching somebodys door or paintwork. The point is if you have a big enough bag you only need to make one trip when cleaning a range cooker.

There is no way you can carry all the parts of range cooker in one hand.

I would rather work smarter and safely than struggle thank you.

Steve