Caustic

David Anthony Brown

Cleantalk Member
hi , I have just finished my training and was told to put 4kg of caustic powder into my tank just completed my first job and found it left a white residue after rinsing any ideas and what would the ratio of caustic powder be to 10ltr of water

paul davies

Cleantalk Member
I put 4/5 tubs of astonish paste tubs full of caustic and i have 25ltr so think u have to much in tank. I have never had a prob with white marks and do rinse at van.

D

Deleted member 5124

Wow 4kg of caustic in a tank, no wonder they left a residue.

You should be putting approx. 500g's per 10 to 15 litre, and even then that's a little on the heavy side, but this can differ depending on your tank and how it keeps its temperature, the better it is at staying the hot the less dip tank powder you need.

David Anthony Brown

Cleantalk Member
Many thanks for that advice makes me don't the rest of what they taught me is the best way of cleaning the inside of the oven blading it first then spray bathroom or kitchen mouse then with a wire wool rub in astonish paste into the mouse

Paul Pantony

Cleantalk Member
Overall it should be about a 5% mixture. 5% caustic pearl to 95 parts tepid water, never hot water.
I'm hands on heart not trying to be rude but from what you say about your training I would suggest it wasn't the best! I am even more than ever tempted to re open my training rooms and start again.

D

Deleted Member 102010

Wow thats way to much. For me personally i have 70 litres of water and then i also use astonish tubs and put 8 or 9 in and that does me..

D

Deleted member 5124

8 or 9 tubs of astonish is roughly 4kg also Adrian, (500g) a tub, our tanks hold 60litres and when we used caustic it was never more then 2-3 tubs, never had a issue with white residue or struggles to clean the racks.

And as Paul said from the description of your procedures (bathroom mousse) it sounds like your training was not the best, you would of got better training just by asking questions on the forum, or you could of come to me :wave:

@Paul Pantony yes get your finger out and start the training again, plenty to share around with the north/south divide and it would cut down on all the cowboys out there telling people to put 4kg of caustic in a tank and to use bathroom mousse!

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
Hi @David Anthony Brown like the others have said your training may not have been that informed , as you are advertising as none caustic no fumes and eco friendly , so I would say you have been miss lead on all counts , caustic is not eco friendly or child and pet safe like your advert says . You are already having issues so may be look at correct training with eco friendly products so then you are using what you advertise to your customers and you wont have the problems that you are .

David Anthony Brown

Cleantalk Member
@Robert Payne
Many thanks for your kind offer of allowing me to join you for a day but as Paul is closer to me I have accepted his offer.
This is a great forum for asking questions & getting great answers from members like yourself.
I have refilled my tank as it holds 100 litres of water & added 2.5kg of caustic, do you think this is strong enough now?