Chasing For Payment!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 102010
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 102010

Decided to withdraw BACS as a payment option. I'm fed up of chasing people for money... even repeat customers i have dealt with for years have been taking the pee lately. One said will BACS you now.... 2 days later still nothing

I was wondering whether to put something on my Facebook page and the reason im not offering it anymore.

Had someone the other day try to give me a cheque for £100, told her I dont take cheques then pulls out 2 x £50 notes from her purse.

D

Deleted Member 102010

Maybe an option...

You dont want to upset them, especially the ones i have a good relationship with, I'm not desperate for the money i just like to keep on top of things.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Adrian
Are you saying that you only want to deal with cash?
Whilst it may be a nice option cash only can leave you wide open for a visit from HMRC as they believe cash only companies are ripping them off
Personally I like to make it easy, gives the ones I like the BACS option & cheque or cash for the rest, nothing wrong with cheques if you can post them to your bank. I've never been into my business banking branch, probably because they're in Merseyside (santandar) so they give me postage paid envolopes.

Maybe a way forward if you don't want to invoice would be a card reader like Square or Izettle?

adam mayhead

Cleantalk Member
don't bother shouting it out on facebook, no one really cares to be updated by this. just tell them at the time of booking, or before you start the work how they can pay. everyone has a card on them unless they want to con you and not pay. putting it on facebook i imagine would just come across as grumpy/negative.

we take payment for all one off customers unless commercial now. no way would i ever want to be at the mercy of a domestic customer. tesco doesn't let you eat the food and pay when you want so why should we.

D

Deleted Member 102010

I take cards aswell, i offer cash card or BACS.

D

Deleted Member 102030

I’m cash, card or Bacs, no chqs as I now have to post them out to my bank and they’ve lost 2 already so if they’ll pay by chq they’ll be just as happy to pay by card.
The fees on my bank account means it makes sense to have all my payments by Bacs

luke sibley

Cleantalk Member
Cash or Card only. everyone has a bank or credit card or they can get cash. its quicker and easier for a customer to pay by card then log into online banking and pay by bacs. no chasing anyone for money pay there and then job done.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
What boils my p*Spot Solve is once you have finished the work and you tell them youve finished, they just stand there with a blank look on their face. Only the small matter of payment now please. Totally agree with what has been said about the people who say I'll transfer the money right away with BACS and dont. I usually give them a few days and point out that I was checking accounts and that their payment hadnt gone through. Could they please look into it. I had one that took 3 weeks to make the payment. I emailed, called and finally dropped an invoice through the door. It got payed the next day. The bloke seemed alright, just a bit too layed back, but it all adds to extra admin.

Peter Ellyatt

Cleantalk Member
Thinking about this today. Would a late penalty payment work? Does anyone do this? ...If payment is not received within X days of invoice an extra fee of £XX will be charged?