Cheap dip tank solution

Ryan Webster

New Cleantalker
Hi everyone hope your all well.
I am just starting up (have cleaned ovens for many years commercially for a company) but have just started domestically on my own and wonder if anyone had any tips or pointers for an equivalent dip tank set up to begin until I have built up enough money to buy a van mounted one? Thanks in advance
Ryan

Alana cox

New Cleantalker
Just get a big blue tray from lakeland, order an emmersion on amazon and buy a box of aldi dishwasher tablets, Sell it to your customers as "meticulously dismantled and cleaned by hand"
What Immersion heater do you recommend? Just got alot of student accommodation let's and parking is a nightmare so looking for a solution for inside the property

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
What Immersion heater do you recommend? Just got alot of student accommodation let's and parking is a nightmare so looking for a solution for inside the property

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
I used a lakeland tray at first, hot water and washing powder, i used to work for a big oven cleaning company and in truth that set up was equal if not better (they didn't clean our tanks for weeks at a time)

Only reason i got a van mounted one was to feel more professional, no customer has ever been in the back of my van so none of them even know whats in there anyway.

Part of me wishes i'd of stuck with the tray.
A van mounted heat tank basically just heats up, it can't make you a better oven cleaner.

I hate having to run a plug from my van to the customers home.

I know the other thread on this was closed so not wanting to start another.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
Just found this listing on one of these immersion heater elements on Ebay. The ones in this listing vary from 1.5 - 3.0kw. The most powerful 3.0kw version takes 15-18min to get % gallon or 22.5 litres up to only 40 degrees.

Attachments

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
You'd be amazed at how hot some peoples tap water is.
Also i used a Swan water heater took 15 mins for boiling water encase it was an empty property.

Anyway heat tank or tank the net result is the same, you need hot water, one plugs in the other you need to add hot water... really not much in it bar over £1000 difference.

There is no magic in a heat tank other than it being a big kettle.