Cleaning during pandemic

David Power

Cleantalk Member
I have been alerted to a company still cleaning ovens here in Liverpool.

Apparently it’s ok as long as the customer has no symptoms

As far as I know, you can have the virus without symptoms?

Ian Morton

Cleantalk Member
...you also have to think about whether you could be responsible for transporting the virus by any such activities whether you know whether people have or have had or don’t seem to have the virus...transporting the virus via clothing, footwear, tools or equipment is why many trades have ceased domestic business where people are still around...to either wittingly unwittingly transporting this deadly virus must be considered...:nuke:...and who would want to be knowingly or unknowingly be responsible for transporting this virus and somebody become ill or even die as a direct result...???

Conroy Reid

Cleantalk Member
I think the issue of us not working in customer's houses (occupied) right now is to protect the NHS rather than ourselves as individuals. I don't think there's much point in taking a stance of not working right now from your own personal risk perspective, unless you're prepared to wait it out until there's a way to solve the virus issue. That may not happen until next year or even later.

Personally, I'm just focussed on taking the necessary precautions when it comes to working in occupied properties, because in my opinion the time will come out of sheer financial necessity for most of us and the virus will almost certainly still be around. I haven't worked in an occupied property since before the lockdown and I don't intend to do so for a while yet but I don't suppose the virus issue will be solved by the end of the summer.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Banks still charge and also government are slow and also u got to pay your bills . Unless we going to be paid ! Might be June ! Who can last to june with no work coming in !

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Agreed billy I can last till maybe june then I need to get back to work. There will not be any cure till next year by the sounds of it. The NHS seems to be coping and they have now had time to build temporary hospitals and train people up. We need to just get on with our lives and learn to live with it. I feel sorry for all those other people that have cancer and can not get amy treatment must be bloody awful

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
we stopped working when Boris put the lock down on , we was doing contactless working for a few weeks before it , on the first week of the lock down I took ill , hadnt been out the door so what ever it was I got I picked up before and thats with being very careful , so we are waiting it out for a few more weeks , all the local £20ers are working and have worked the while lock down but just think if one just one customer took ill and didnt make it .

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
we stopped working when Boris put the lock down on , we was doing contactless working for a few weeks before it , on the first week of the lock down I took ill , hadnt been out the door so what ever it was I got I picked up before and thats with being very careful , so we are waiting it out for a few more weeks , all the local £20ers are working and have worked the while lock down but just think if one just one customer took ill and didnt make it .
You have to be sensible, but you can't think like that all the time, it will do your mental health no good at all.. They have asked you to come around, knowing the risks. There is a difference between spreading it, and knowingly spreading it.

If someone is shielding and has underlying health issues, it's irresponsible on their part booking someone in, and we need to be asking that question, and stating that we cannot do the work there.

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
You have to be sensible, but you can't think like that all the time, it will do your mental health no good at all.. They have asked you to come around, knowing the risks. There is a difference between spreading it, and knowingly spreading it.

If someone is shielding and has underlying health issues, it's irresponsible on their part booking someone in, and we need to be asking that question, and stating that we cannot do the work there.
We asked all customers if they had or had been near or a member of their family had shown coronavirus systems all said they was safe and all stayed in another room money left on side or card machine payments , I think its impossible to protect 100% even hospital staff are getting it and they are prob more careful than any of us will be , we will all need to go work soon or beg on the streets so its a risk any way you look at it .

Jason Pagnam

Cleantalk Member
You lucky lad
I remember back in the good old days the smell of the pub the laughter and fun times
I miss the pub

Gabriel Nagy

Cleantalk Member
I have been working along, mostly empty properties. I did few private but with proper social distancing in place like money tansfer, etc.