Cleaning products question

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
Hellyo all. I trust you are well. Has any of you used the Anglian Lift off plus oven cleaning gel.?

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
Never heard of it. Looks like pretty standard stuff that is available from most chemical suppliers. The website description does not state if the product is caustic or not, unless I have missed it? It could cause a list of issues if caustic. Be careful.

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
What are you using and how do you mean could cause a list of issues. I know oven cleaners that use a caustic spray in ovens with no issues. Obviously not a concentrate formula.
Thankyou for your reply

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
please elaborate on your concerns as I believed this place is a platform where by other oven cleaners can be supportive and helpful. I will change my statement I know one specific oven cleaner who I asked what they were using inside the oven and they said a caustic spray. This is why I’m on here to help better understand people’s methods.

Peter McDougall

Cleantalk Member
please elaborate on your concerns as I believed this place is a platform where by other oven cleaners can be supportive and helpful. I will change my statement I know one specific oven cleaner who I asked what they were using inside the oven and they said a caustic spray. This is why I’m on here to help better understand people’s methods.
I'm not an oven cleaner but I know from experience the damage that caustic sprays can do to ovens. One of my holiday let owners "cleaned" her oven prior to handing the property to me to manage. I got a pro to clean the oven after I noticed an odd smell coming from it. When he took it apart to get the fan out he showed me exactly what happens when people use caustic sprays and don't rinse properly. The spray was all behind the plate which houses the fan. Had a guest used the oven to cook anything their food would have been tainted by the fumes from the caustic cleaner.

In my view, if you can use something that works and isn't harmful then it should be used. Aside from the danger I've mentioned I'm sure that it can't be healthy for oven cleaning pros to always be breathing in the fumes from caustic cleaners.

There's plenty of environmentally friendly, non harmful and still powerful options out there so it's worth using them.

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
A professional oven cleaner ? a professional oven cleaner wont be spraying anything inside a oven ESPECIALLY CAUSTIC .
The reason ? you have no control over the spray, it could go anywhere and cause no end of damage ,nothing wrong in using caustic but not from a spray.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
As duncan said above. Nothing wrong with using caustic but for god sake don't spray it inside the cooker. There are plenty of caustic gel products on the market. Just use a paint brush to work it in. Make sure you fully rinse the oven out after.

If you heat it up again you will then get white marks where you have misses. Just wipe those off and its fine to use straight away.

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
Thankyou. I truly appreciate you valuable inputs. I at the moment am not using any caustics. I will once I have my van set up in the tank as some shelves can’t take a good scrubbing without removing the Crome. but They will be hosed off after with my pressure washer to insure they have no chemicals on them.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
Thankyou. I truly appreciate you valuable inputs. I at the moment am not using any caustics. I will once I have my van set up in the tank as some shelves can’t take a good scrubbing without removing the Crome. but They will be hosed off after with my pressure washer to insure they have no chemicals on them.
Caustic in tank in fine. It's outside and you can rinse down with a good system. Never caustic in a domestic oven / in home.

Just out of interest, have you had any kind of training? You can cause alot of damage with a caustic tank, to certain oven parts, if you don't know what you are doing...

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Neil

Someone once said to me if you class yourself a professional oven cleaner why woukd you not use cleaning products that are designed to clean ovens with. (Seldon/vanquish)

Carpet cleaners use stong chemicals for spot cleaning and you don't hear complaints about that?

I think its more to do with people not knowing how to use them correctly and educating themselves. If you are sensible they will make this job so much easier.

Its upto each individual to decide. Just be sensible whatever method you use.

You say its okay to use in tank. One of my customers worked in a hospital an oven cleaner came in with very severe burns all over him from the water out the tank. As I said there are silly idiots all over the place. Get some good training and you will be fine.

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
a very good product I have clean many ovens with is radox bath cream , the dark purple one but have also used many different ones , it needs to be the cream bath not the bubble bath , its good on the crud then a degreaser for the rest of the oven out side and so on .