Cleaning times for a single electric Oven?

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Can't say they are trying to pull the wool over my eye. You sound very distrusting of people must be the people where you live maybe. I think its upto us to ask the correct questions which comes with experience and a little thought about the questions you ask.

So if people say they have a double oven I ask if they are above each other or side by side. If they say above each other I ask is there a main oven with a small door above that's the grill. I ask this because some customers think a single oven with a combi microwave is a double oven.

Anyway as I said before if a customer is a bit confused and you can not be certain ask for a picture before you confirm the cost. You won't waste your time then its pretty easy to do these days.

All the best with your impending retirement seems like it can't come soon enough you sound like you are totally fed up with oven cleaning.

Ken Walsh

Cleantalk Member
Can't say they are trying to pull the wool over my eye. You sound very distrusting of people must be the people where you live maybe. I think its upto us to ask the correct questions which comes with experience and a little thought about the questions you ask.

So if people say they have a double oven I ask if they are above each other or side by side. If they say above each other I ask is there a main oven with a small door above that's the grill. I ask this because some customers think a single oven with a combi microwave is a double oven.

Anyway as I said before if a customer is a bit confused and you can not be certain ask for a picture before you confirm the cost. You won't waste your time then its pretty easy to do these days.

All the best with your impending retirement seems like it can't come soon enough you sound like you are totally fed up with oven cleaning.
up yours my friend

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
Had one this morning went through my quote system 2 door range excluding hobs so the system gave a price,she then sends photo and said I want the hobs done too so when I said it was classed as a 3 door range with hobs the price was to expensive for her
She wasn't misled and you didn't have to bother with a range cooker. Win/Win.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Surprisingly I had a similar problem today, Went to go clean what I was told was a Single Oven and Gas Hob, So I'm thinking simple enough, When I arrive it's a double oven with separate 5 Burner hob.
Explained to the customer 2 doors are 2 ovens and luckily the hob was just a bit grubby added an hour to the job but gained another 10er.
Note to self ask how many doors and burners they have.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
Had one this morning went through my quote system 2 door range excluding hobs so the system gave a price,she then sends photo and said I want the hobs done too so when I said it was classed as a 3 door range with hobs the price was to expensive for her
When someone on a call says "it's a 2 door range", it seems 99% of the time they forget to mention the separate grill. Always ask if it has a separate grill, and how many doors in total.

Pellumb Duka

Cleantalk Member
Hi all,
I am just curious how long a typical electric single oven clean should take? I am usually spending 2.5 hours to bring an oven back to showroom-new condition. Am I being too much of a perfectionist? How long do you spend per oven (excluding hob, pans, extractor etc)?
Singell Oven Cleaning take one hour you doing too much Donā€™t have to be blown you do your best and leave

Duncan Bramwell

Cleantalk Member
I took 3 hours today on a single oven, normally it takes an average of 2 hours to clean. Full clean everything was taken and the door split etc
It's the first time I've used the Dirtbusters stuff and not been happy. Starting to see why you guys might moan about it now and again.

Off to kent tomorrow for their training, I think I'll ask them and see what they say.

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
It was alright, could have been in a bit more detail but enough to get me started, and you can always call them if you need help.
That's a shame to hear. Quite how these companies are charging what they charge but still not having people leaving fully confident with process is alarming.

I did train for 2 weeks with the company i worked for then did 1 year learning the 'trade'.

I still hold my breath till the glass is all back in place and clean, that's my biggest worry the glass breaking.

Aside from that i can do it in my sleep now.
Genuinely if i'd paid for training and wasn't fully confident i'd let them know and go back.

Another tip that works for me is if there is a tough stubborn bit instead of spending 30 mins working on that, I leave it do the rest and go back to the tough bit.

Reason being I have wasted time before on one section then finally when it was clean i'd be knackerd and then face the rest of the stuff that needs doing...

It's amazing the psychology of doing the easy stuff first, then knowing once the tough bit is done i am saying bye and in the van.

Works for me.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
For the most part, it was good. Due to covid, the training on the job wasn't available which I'm sure would have been a bit more beneficial. I left confident enough to start advertising and doing the job but as you may have seen a few jobs have left me a bit puzzled and having to ask for help on here.

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
For the most part, it was good. Due to covid, the training on the job wasn't available which I'm sure would have been a bit more beneficial. I left confident enough to start advertising and doing the job but as you may have seen a few jobs have left me a bit puzzled and having to ask for help on here.
Yep, i'd go as far as to say when i started out on my own this forum was invaluable, i had a few cups of tea going right though the whole forum taking stuff in. Brilliant pace.