Company No Longer Taking Lamonas?

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Hi all,
I booked a new customer today who said that her regular oven cleaning company now has a policy in place and will no longer accept Lamonas?! I didn't ask the name, but has anyone come across this before? Is it something to do with the tendency for the inner door glass to shatter?

The one I'm booked for is the 3 door range style. Any tips to avoid spontaneous glass shattering gratefully received

Thanks, Christina

Daniel Nailor

Dedicated Cleantalker
Cleaned hundreds of Lamonas with no issues.
Most likely cleaner error to blame for broken glass.

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 user

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
Most Lamonas are fine, there's one brand where the glass is sealed to the door but aside from that... Not prone to any specific faults that I'm aware of.

• Agreed

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Ha ha, she sounded nice enough on the phone. But point to bear in mind that perhaps something happened during the last clean that stopped the last person wanting to go back to that oven

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
I don't think that its strange at all. It all depends on what the company is like?. For example I am a one man band with around 16 years experience behind me. My weeks are full up every week if no new customers were to phone me, it wouldn't make much difference to me. Around two years ago I decided to stop going to any customers that I had a problem with, late payers, not being in when I called ,ones trying to haggle with me, rude ones.We all get them, for whatever reason places that we don't want to go to.
I also decided not to go to customers who have ovens that I don't like, Smeg ranges and the like, anything that I think is going to be a problem.
Could just be that the pervious company was someone like me. Lamona ranges are not the best and they decided to give it a miss.
Lets us know how you get on

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi Duncan. I have come to the same conclusion I have done this for over 12 years. Some are just not worth the hassle.

Funny how two people have mentioned smeg. I said the same to my friend the other day I am going to turn them down. The new design is just ridiculous to try and clean. My body can not take it anymore way too hard.

Who ever designed them wants shooting

• Agreed
Reactions: 2 users

Trevor Ives

Bathams Moderator
I have always said the whoever designs things should be made to repair/service them, from cars to washing machines to ovens etc.

• Agreed
Reactions: 4 users

Billy Marsh

Dedicated Cleantalker
With just six years seven months experience I welcome the information that in time i
Can avoid the worst brands. I don't deal with Lettings or other company's due to there late payment ! I never been happier or better paid ! Next Mayby it's worth looking at brands age and such ! I filter out the worst customers already . I like selection it best to know what your are good at.

• Agreed

Justin Chilton

Cleantalk Member
We are the same 15 years trading we basically pick and choose our customers. You get a feel for who's who by their phone manner, questions asked and what they want doing, in my experience money people are often most difficult i call them the "justers" can You just do this that the other whilst your here...... I can "just" do anything if your paying for it but if your "just" means you expect it for free....then er....no can do my time is as precious as yours matey :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Agreed
Reactions: 4 users

Reece inman

Cleantalk Member
Yah wipe over and the send you a picture of the oven in the dark and you turn up and it looks horrific and you ask them when they last got it cleaned and they say couple of months ago. Bull :censored:

• Funny

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
This is interesting, as i do a lot of student property i see loads of cheap Lamonas and have never really minded them as they were easy to get apart. Then last November i had two inner glass explosions in the space of two weeks. The first one the inner glass had been out of the door and sat on the counter for about 40 minute and without being touched it exploded and i do mean exploded, quite scary! The second one happened when i opened the oven door, had not even touched the glass and it exploded. For a while it really shook my confidence, its a very violent explosion with no way to expect it, a friend who knows a little about this stuff said the the doors are poorly finished and often the glass while fitted is under pressure? Anyway i can ensure you they do explode!

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Rolph

Wow I bet it did make you jump when it exploded pretty scary stuff.

I no what you mean when something happens like that it knocks your confidence.

Unfortunately these things are part of the job sometimes and over time you take things in your stride

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
As the original poster of this thread, I'm glad to report the Lamona range clean went fine, without any inner glass explosions! I can see how it could happen though... Maybe my time is yet to come

Reactions: 1 users
Toggle Sidebar
CRS 2019 – Cleaning & Restoration Show 2019