LTT Leather

Conditioning

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
There is still much talk on this forum about conditioning leather.

Could someone please tell us why you need to condition leather??????!!!!!

Regards
Judy

Nick Holman

Cleantalk Member
Hi Judy give Andy a call at LTT on 01423 881 027.

£15 for your logo can 3 of us club together?

Or just 1 of us buy it and pass it around?

Its not worth selling the logo no one else does, it only gets copied and passed on.

Nick

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
If you are going to pass our logo around like that then we will stop supplying it to anyone. The reason you purchase it is to say that you have done the training course and that we are giving you permission to display this fact. We would actively pursue anyone using our logo who has not taken a course. The cost of the logo may now have to rise considerably as there is obviously no incentive to use it correctly and we are obviouly selling it far too cheap!!

I think Andy would be a bit shocked to get that phone call don't you?!!!!!

Nick Holman

Cleantalk Member
I diddn't mean pass it round to people who havent done the course!! i have done the course and brought the kit which all in all cost me over £1000 i thought the logo may have been thrown in as i have allready spent so much!!

If not then i will pay the £15 for it.

Can you send me one out with an invoice please Judy.

Regards

Nick Holman

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Personally, i think that if a logo is to be charged for then it should be hidden within the course fee. I may well have paid for the NCCA logo that arrived on a disc, it felt as if it was free because i never had to put my back into my pockets after paying out for the course, travel, accomodation etc.

IT'S ALL IN THE MIND :eek:

Nick Holman

Cleantalk Member
Fair point Chris!

All of the logos i have now ive never had to pay for, but your right they are probably included in the course fees or membership renewal fees.

NIck

peter reed

Cleantalk Member
kevin i am sure nick and chris are well aware of who judy and andy are after doing the course. and i agree the use of the logo should have come with the course as with all the other courses i and others have done

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
The logo you get for the NCCA is part of the yearly subscriprion you pay to them as is the AMU logo that we use.
It is LTT policy to pay for the use of our logo and is only for the use of the person it is being sold to.
Maybe if we set up a yearly subscription fee we could include the logo as part of that package and then it would also cover all the time we spend giving technical advice on the phone to our technicians.
Chris and Peter I believe you got your course at a very good rate any way due to the probelms we had running the IICRC course so I cannot understand why you have such a problem.
A 2 day course and complete kit costs well under £1000.00 and with all the help you get after the course, is we feel very good value for money.
We regard our logo with pride and wish to see it used by people who respect and value what they have learned.
Quite what all this has to do with conditioning leather I am not sure!!!!
Regards
Judy

[ 23. March 2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Judy Bass ]

Nick Holman

Cleantalk Member
ERRMM Judy my two day course did cost over £1000 two nights in a hotel, two days off work, food drink, train fares course fees and kit!! But i dont have a problem with that money is no object as i am a millionaire!! I just thought we had use of the logo if we have done a course? the LTT logo i have off your site isn't high res so it dosen't look that good, also i dont think Pete and Chris have a problem there just looking out for their young friend!!

Nick

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Judy,
I booked the two day course, not the 3 day one, so the IICRC problem made no difference to the cost of my course. I was told that the use of the logo would be allowed on completion of that course, the extra charge was omitted from the conversation. The fact you charge seperately is your policy and i respect that, pity your policy was not made clear when the booking was made but as i have not needed this logo yet, there is no problem at this time.
My view that logos are made available as part of the course cost appears to be alien to you but not to the majority of people i have spoken to lately. The simple fact of paying out for something you are 'entitled to use' on completion of a course, just appears to add to the overall cost. I had considered using the logo on my vehicle but the wording appears to carry as much clout as the logo, where the public is concerned.
If the public recognise the LTT logo as readily as the NCCA one, then i may consider purchasing one, along with some of your products.

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
Chris

The course you did in Farnham was meant to be the IICRC course which was not held so you did the full technician course (usual cost £350) at the IICRC price which is much cheaper. I should think our logo is recognised by the public as much as the NCCA, AMU etc and I cannot understand what difference that makes to you using the products, which we constantly strive to make the best that there is available for cleaning leather.

I had put this post up to try and debate the issue of 'conditioning' leather but once again it seems to have been hijacked for other purposes.

Regards
Judy

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Judy,
Regardless of the content of the thread, my posts have been as a direct response to points raised by yourself.
Answering back is not hijacking and my view that paying for a logo, after any expense of a course, is shared by many who have rang, emailed and texted me.
My opinion of joining an organisation, taking training/ exam and using that qualification from that day on, seems to be a popular one. I would expect to purchase the chemicals and tools to carry out that work but have never come across the need to pay for the logo/marketing tool, with which to do so.

Would you not be amazed to pay £10 to go into an ice rink, only to find that when you handed in your shoes, they wanted another £1 for the skates

[ 24. March 2006, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: C Straker ]

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
ps......
"If the public recognise the LTT logo as readily as the NCCA one, then i may consider purchasing one, along with some of your products."

It makes no difference to me using your products, i was referring to the response you gave to my van signwriter, that i could not have the logo until i purchased some of your products............so me taking the course alone, would not qualify me to use the logo.

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
Chris

The message to your signwriter was not that you had to purchase product but that you had to purchase the logo!!! which is what this has all been about.

Judy

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
The message passed back to me was that i could not have the logo because i had not made a purchase!!.... either way, it came as a shock.
I have explained my reasons and it appears to be the majority opinion considering the online response as well as those directly to my text and email.

You have your operating proceedure, which is NOW widely known, so hopefully the next batch of course attendees will be prepared for the extra cost once they have completed the course and purchased kits.
Bearing in mind that i am a recent attendee and even Nick Holman never knew this fact and he did his course ages ago.

Best of luck and may your logo sales soar