coorovirus affecting trade?

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
But if we get temporary employment at a supermarket we have to go out. That’s more risky than an end of tenancy with no one present. I don’t agree with forcing personal opinions, unless of course they agree with the government and common sense.

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
I am trying to help with the home delivery effort. With people isolated they desperately need food delivered.
If you’ve tried to book a delivery, the next dates are mid-April.
Someone has to do these jobs.

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
I am trying to help with the home delivery effort. With people isolated they desperately need food delivered.
If you’ve tried to book a delivery, the next dates are mid-April.
Someone has to do these jobs.
I agree, I applaud you. I’m doing the same....applied yesterday for 12 weeks work. Just don’t like people telling others what to do when it is purely their opinion. Selfish people

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
Those supermarkets taking on extra staff to deliver food orders - where do they get all the extra vans from?

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Those supermarkets taking on extra staff to deliver food orders - where do they get all the extra vans from?
I was speaking to one from asada today and they’ve been given permission to buy about 10 brand new ones for our store alone. I assume they won’t get sign written til after the storm

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Hi chaps these supermarket delivery jobs how are you finding them? I think it would be daft to go into the shops asking but online says none available?
Is there a set place to find them, really want to do my bit and help get essentials to people.

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
I’m at one right now. They have basically ignored the online ones and just spread the word to locals through staff. They seem to prefer walk ins and then either interview there and then or give you a time when they’re doing that. For instance today at my Morrison’s, they’re holding 2 hour slots where anyone can come, fill in a form and have a 5 min interview.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
If you are going to use your van to deliver goods, be aware that you may need to change the terms of your van insurance to stay covered for delivering gods.

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Andrew Bines

Cleantalk Member
I am emptying my van today, cleaning inside and out, having mot done tomorrow as expires next month then parking it up. Obviously I have eot booked in but possibly they wont be able to move as agents, van hire, everything will be closed Despite the positivity , we will keep working by some, speaking to my friends in Europe whose pattern we are following we will be at home now for two months plus. Would you take the remotest risk to your family to have a carpet cleaned? Last year cleaners were debating the hazards of optical brighteners and enzymes we are now talking real life and death. In my 26 years of trading I have gone through 9/11 and the banking crash but nothing like this. The only thing is disasters do happen, you learn to protect yourself by insurance or reserves just like largest businesses do. Agree its very sad that many will not take their businesses through this, its a cyclical cull, happened before, will happen again, unfortunately it is the way it is and whatever happens it will be a very different world we will be working in afterwards.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
I'm proud to read how considerate we are all being of our customers, some of whom have become friends. The documentary I saw last night said 1 person will ultimately infect 4,000+ more through the spread. Throuh doing this we will be saving lives. Stay strong, stay well!

Reactions: 2 users

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Not looking good for those of us that are sole directors of ltd companies.

If we get any assistance at all it will more than likely only cover the basic wage not the dividends.

Feel like we are totally shafted and thrown under the bus

Reactions: 1 user

Robert Tarjani

Cleantalk Member
Totally agree with Duncan. Thats the main reason why I wont be doing any jobs from today on until things get better

Reactions: 1 users

Jason Pagnam

Cleantalk Member
Steven Johnson we all have to look past the money side of things for the good of mankind
There are no pockets in shrouds

Reactions: 4 users

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Yes I agree life is more important than money.

Still not great when you have to decide what direct debit to cancel next on the list though

Critical illness, permanent health insurance or life insurance

Conroy Reid

Cleantalk Member
From what I can see, there are still carpet cleaning companies advertising for work. Just do a google search for carpet cleaning and watch the ads spring up.

Had two phone enquiries today already and my focus now is on list building. Both enquiries weren't happy to wait for me to reopen, which surprised me, so I assume they will find someone who is still open. Some will though, so it will be good to have a pile of people to call once we can go back out to work.

I'm surprised that customer demand hasn't fallen off a cliff. The ones I have been cancelling would have gone ahead with the clean without exception. None are EOTs.

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Text all my remaining jobs. They all understood and want to be top of the pile when I reopen. All but one.....she hasn’t responded....i reckon she’ll try for someone else even though she’s close to 70 and lives in a small bungalow

Heidi Schachtschneider

Cleantalk Member
As with a lot of us I've called customers and postponed the bookings we had, everyone understood. We even had one lady who insisted on paying in advance. We've left the phone lines open as we are still getting the odd enquiry, we'll take their details and call them once the world stops burning.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!
From
Gareth and Heidi @ Rossendale Oven Cleaning.

Reactions: 1 user

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I cancels a few and rebooking when I can it's be when it al over but they are there ! I think we get enough if u done your accounts right ! Just no tax for a while .

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Billy

I am ltd o don't pay vat. I have done nothing wrong and will get very limited help it's just not .

Can not get through to universal credit to book an appointment. Dont even no if I am entitled to anything yet.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Billy

I am ltd o don't pay vat. I have done nothing wrong and will get very limited help it's just not .

Can not get through to universal credit to book an appointment. Dont even no if I am entitled to anything yet.
I'm lucky and my account is pretty good . But I also kept my self with some payed work . So I was lucky . But never could rely on one thing ! Hope u get through !