coorovirus affecting trade?

Tal cohen

Cleantalk Member
We have seem to have gone quiet since a full on outbreak is on the cards! Anyone else feeling the pain?....we are based in Merseyside

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
I was busy first 3 days this week, yesterday I had no bookings and planned to take today off for a long weekend so wasn't available and fully booked next week and couple of jobs the week after so I happy with things, jan and feb both busy, As its nearing the end of my first year I am not sure what to expect at different times of the year.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi, not sure how long you have been oven cleaning but the end of feb start of march is always the quietest time of the year.

It has been like this for about the last 5 years. That's why you see all these silly companies on Facebook and groupon offering cleans for £25/£30 because they are desperate for work.

Steve

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi daniel,

My conclusion is that the market it now to over crowded with people cleaning ovens .

There is a new company springing up every few months now all chasing the same work.

When its quite if you don't answer the calls straight away you will likely loose any new business.

I now spend all my efforts concentrating on my existing customers rather than spending money on advertising.

Steve

Tal cohen

Cleantalk Member
Same Daniel
We are a mature company doing multiple disicipliness
All are a tad patchy ,which is unusual!

Florin Titiriga

Cleantalk Member
Yes, Ive noticed a 50% drop in bookings. Jan and feb was super bussy and then the virus came and the phone stopped ringing.

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
At least no ones had a cancellation yet along the lines off ‘sorry I need to cancel/postpone because I have spent all my money on toilet rolls’

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
So let me get this right there are 163 confirmed cases and 2 deaths out of a population of 60 million plus.

So if you believe this is what has caused your phone to stop ringing there will be a lot of companies going bust in the next month or so.

The pandemic has not even started yet.

Darren Paterson

Cleantalk Member
look around people are acting like there’s a zombie apocalypse all the supermarkets are selling out of
Painkillers and Hand sanitizer
Went to my local supermarket this morning it was rammed packed it was like Christmas! the hand sanitiser isle was a mass of desperate people grabbing hand wash as they restocked
Same down the loo roll isle for some reason? It’s literally sickening.

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
So let me get this right there are 163 confirmed cases and 2 deaths out of a population of 60 million plus.

So if you believe this is what has caused your phone to stop ringing there will be a lot of companies going bust in the next month or so.

The pandemic has not even started yet.
Steve

Your analysis is correct but you forgot that the BBC have decided we are all getting it so building up the scaremongering that they are exceptional at. And gullible people actually believe these idiots on the BBC which is why supermarket shelves emptying