LTT Leather

Cracked Chair Arm

George Langley

Cleantalk Member
I’m looking for advise on repairing/ making good of the arm on a family members chair which I damaged, is there anything anyone can recommend? I’m not looking for perfection.

I’ve been looking on the LTT website and wondered if any of their products would be a match?

6EAD9570-0A91-47FE-85FC-4A4A50B33257.jpeg
95771221-4105-434D-A233-545CFB60BA74.jpeg 46653260-4F1E-4CD5-AAA3-F9D953DAE9E3.jpeg

George Langley

Cleantalk Member
The arms were brittle already, it’s a standard desk chair.

I must have been shuffling left to right whilst the arms were under the desk rubbing the underside of the desk.

Alby Gill

Cleantalk Member
The damage there has been going on for sometime, it's not down to you shuffling left to right. cracks and peeling clearly seen on all pictures, It's going to peel all over eventually.

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
Not sure this is leather - desk chairs are often not so worth checking first.

The tear would need to be glued back in place and you may then need some colour mixed to match the leather to blend in.

If the arm is brittle to start with it might be tricky to repair successfully especially if it is not leather.

We can supply anything you need (are you looking at the consumer or trade website?)

Cheers

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
If it was somebody else Neil I would agree.

But its family !!

Never has a minefield been navigated so carefully than dealing with people who are related to you !

J

George Langley

Cleantalk Member
@Judy Bass I’ve put a few drops of water on it and it seemed to absorb it. Assuming worst case secnario that it’s not, after they’ve been glued back down, what would you recommend to improve the appearance?

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
If this is leather this type would not absorb moisture.
What does the back of the torn area look like? Does it look mike a fabric?

Glue down the damage and spray out with some colour

George Langley

Cleantalk Member
Looks like a fabric, what would you glue it down with and what product from your site would you recommend for spraying it with.