New Decking Cleaning -A Service You can Provide

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Nick

That looks a good product and I can see how this would be an easy add on, as you say.

I've already envisaged having a page on my website for this.

I suppose using a TM4 would be too much for the brushes ( white / standard )...would it damage them?

If so, which brush would you recommend?

In any case Nick, please send me a 1kg to give a try, cheers mate,

danny mosey

Cleantalk Member
that looks good, it would be a good add on for my business.
trevor has a point, is it plant friendly and if the decking has been treated with wood preservative will it strip it from the wood?

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi

Not exactly plant friendly, dwell time, around 15 minutes deck brush or OP machine with the orange brush and then pressure wash. (the Jag is Ideal) It will not strip the wood preservatives

Best regards

Nick

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi

Not exactly plant friendly, dwell time, around 15 minutes deck brush or OP machine with the orange brush and then pressure wash. (the Jag is Ideal) It will not strip the wood preservatives

Best regards

Nick

Nick,

Thanks for sending me the decking cleaner. Do you or anybody in fact, have an idea of pricing for this type of add on business?:smile:

trevor toms

Cleantalk Member
My only reservation with this cleaner is that a lot of decking has a balustrade around the edge which is usually the same colour as the deck. If this has to be cleaned too it could be a right pain the the proverbial and costed as such, which might dissuade the customer from having the job done.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Yeah, I can see that would be like going to do a carpet clean then ending up doing a suite too....aarrgghh!

John Dane

Cleantalk Member
To remove moss and such it wouldn't exactly be plant friendly.
Going to see my next door neighbour who has a small amount
of decking.
Offer to do it for free and try it out and try and remember to time
how long it takes and take some piccies.
Anybody tried it yet?