Cleantalk Member
No Roger.
10 minutes after I finished and was still packing up
it started pissing down.
Another thing I forgot to do was try just jet washing it first
w/o the cleaner.

Des Rynne

Cleantalk Member
So could this be sprayed on a roof and let it work it self .As john say,s it works by detaching the moss from the surface or due to the slope of the roof would it just run off :thinking:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
I think it might need a little more help than a shower of rain!

PS.

I just notice that you are the recipient of my 9,000th post :shock:

Warren Aldridge

Cleantalk Member
What should you do after you treat the wood. I pressure washed my table in the beginning of summer and it looked good.... now its knackered.

tables.jpg

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Our decking cleaner is formulated to work "with" the timber, some cleaning agent clean but actually have an adverse effect on the timber long term, but a post coating with a good quality wood preservative/oil its certainly not going to hurt

Best regards

Nick

Ian Harman

Cleantalk Member
This fact about "removing" moss from a roof caught my attention. Could it be expected to work on all roof surfaces? ie concrete tiles, clay tiles etc? This could be very useful.

Ian Harman

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Nick, I have a trial tub so maybe we will give it a go. Had some issues with a moss removal job a little while ago - maybe this would have been the answer (with a scrub from a water fed pole of course).

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
I missed my chance today, to point out we could've cleaned the decking for this out-going tenant...I looked out the window to see him rinsing off the decking he'd obviously just cleaned and there on the wall, was 3 bottles of bleach:shock:.

I went downstairs to chat with him but he'd driven off, blast it. Still, it got me thinking, private customers, tenants, there's probably loads of decking out there....

Graham Morrison

Cleantalk Member
John,

It does not poison the moss, it detaches it from the surface.
Would this work on say a concrete or tarmac type path? I mean for detaching the moss. The reason I ask is that I manage a very prestigious building near Birmingham where we have moss building up in different area's. It is a pain. The building owners dont want pressure washers going all the time so we need a chemical that will either get rid totally or at least reduce the moss growth. While we are talking about decking, the whole roof of the building has decking and a barbacue are on it too. It has been cleaned recently and cost a small fortune!

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Graham,

I'd like to say that you have found the ideal solution but the fact is that the product aids rather than replaces the action of a pressure washer. nick used to have a couple of product that were great at inhibiting algal growth on hard surfaces - I sprayed some north-facing walls on my house about four years ago and have not needed the previous twice-yearly pressure wash since. But I doubt that they would dramatically reduce moss growth.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Green-be-gone was good but I found Stayclean was the better of the two.

Demand was not sufficient to justify production.

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Forgot about Stayclean :smile:

I only used green-be-gone a couple times on my patio, it did work work well, killed & kept the all the algae away but if not many buy it then I can understand why Nick does not keep them any more.