Delayed Fan

Tommy Caddick

Cleantalk Member
Hi guys, had a customer contact me and say that the fan is delayed in coming on in the oven since the clean...which for the record I did 3 months ago and yep ran it for 10 minutes after the clean to check all was working fine and to dry any moisture left over...but I digress. I am just checking if anyone has ever heard of this happening? I always like to help a customer but not sure why the fan would be "delayed" in coming on?

Jacob Ward

It might be delayed going OFF to cool it down.

However
Might be that the fan Is jammed but when some heat has built up it frees itself and starts to spin as the metal opens up due to thermal expansion
They usually run induction motors so it will probably go pop after a bit if the above is the case.

3 months is abit late to hold you responsible.
They might have shoved a tray in hard and done the damage themselves...

J

Reactions: 1 user

Evan Smith

Cleantalk Member
I don't clean ovens, but did have the same problem with our own oven.
I did take the fan out and clean and gave it a drop of oil, but it soon started to stick again. But this time the element went pop due to over heating.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi Tommy

It will be the fan motor worn out nothing to do with your clean. If you take a car for a service you can not ring up and say its broke after 3 months and expect them to pay can you.

What make is it? The new hotpoint cookers have a known problem with fans sticking. Customer told me there engineer said it needed an extra spacer to allow it too move freely. I also notice quite a few range master cookers have the same problem with motor failing.

Just tell her to ring an electrical appliance repairer nothing to do with your clean.

Steve

Reactions: 1 users

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Hi Tommy, come across this all the time, chances are it has always done this and the customer has only just realised.

Jake Nash

Cleantalk Member
Tommy. It could be down to you. We had a carpet cleaning job some years back. About six weeks later the lady phoned to say that a picture had fallen off the bedroom wall and smashed her electric socket.

Despite that fact that I assured her we hadn't been in the bedroom and only cleaned the lounge and hall carpets downstairs, apparently it was our fault as the vibrations running through the house had caused the rotten picture string to fray six weeks later! When I said we had set up the machine outside, she explained to me that the vibrations would still go through the house, as it was built on chalk.

I asked about all the traffic on the main road and the ramifications of the vibrations, only to be told that it was different vibrations due to the absorption properties of tarmac!!!

In the end we just changed it for her. Sometimes the best policy is just to give in!! :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users

Justin Chilton

Cleantalk Member
Tommy. It could be down to you. We had a carpet cleaning job some years back. About six weeks later the lady phoned to say that a picture had fallen off the bedroom wall and smashed her electric socket.

Despite that fact that I assured her we hadn't been in the bedroom and only cleaned the lounge and hall carpets downstairs, apparently it was our fault as the vibrations running through the house had caused the rotten picture string to fray six weeks later! When I said we had set up the machine outside, she explained to me that the vibrations would still go through the house, as it was built on chalk.

I asked about all the traffic on the main road and the ramifications of the vibrations, only to be told that it was different vibrations due to the absorption properties of tarmac!!!

In the end we just changed it for her. Sometimes the best policy is just to give in!! :lol:
No way would I have replaced it, we had a customer call just the other day 5 week after initial clean saying her carpet was dirty again by the front door, when I popped in to look at it it was obvious it was from the yard as it's been raining a lot and her yard is full of moss/dirt I explained situation her reply was, yeah I know that it's just I thought it would stay cleaner longer..... it would if you take the dirty shoes off I can see in your shoe rack 5 foot from the door, incidently where the dirty re-soiling stops.... It's like getting your gardener back out 5 weeks later because the grass has regrown :toofunny:

Reactions: 1 users

Terry Miles

Active Cleantalker
Or like asking a window cleaner how long before the windows start getting dirty again - erm, now lol, especially if a bird has a poop on it

• Agreed
Toggle Sidebar
CRS 2019 – Cleaning & Restoration Show 2019