Di Filter System

Gary Richard Coles

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone,

Looking to set up the pure water pole system to go alongside trad cleaning for certain jobs.

I have 2 rounds of 6 houses I do once a month and then the rest is mainly new build cleans, once offs and as an extra when doing other work.

Tested my water and the reading was 170.

So my question is, with the above amount of work I'll be doing would the unger Di system with 6L quick change resin bags be cost effective as ideally I would prefer this to an ro system as it seems easier to get started with and I can connect directly to customers taps.

With the above amount of work how quickly would I go through a 6L bag of resin?

Appreciate any help and or advice.

Gary

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
An ro system would be cheaper. I used to double di with a tds of 290 ish and it was expensive. A rule of thumb a lot of windies use is a tds over 100 should be run through an ro system. However it is possible to do with resin only. I wouldn’t bother with that unger 6l thing though. Personally I would double di it through two vessels of at least 11 litres.

Gary Richard Coles

Cleantalk Member
OK so maybe the ro system might be the way to go. What would I need to get that setup and roughly what sort of cost is involved?

Thanks for the help

Reactions: 1 user

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
You would only need a small ro system mate. A 300gpd would be plenty for the amount you need. Either fill a van tank or a couple of water butts would be enough. To be honest if you’re not using that much you might want to just buy pure from another window cleaner nearby. The going rate is about 3p per litre.

Gary Richard Coles

Cleantalk Member
Just bought 2x25L vessels for €80 and 25L or resin for €50 so off to a good start. If I was going to use barrels what size pump would I need? Would an 80psi 5L/pm pump do the job?

Appreciate all the great help and advice everyone

daniel crouch

Active Cleantalker
What to build a trolley ? Just buy a back pack sprayer about 100 quid and pop it on a little trolley or look at pure freedom trolley . 80 psi is plenty for houses and 3-4 lpm is what the small back pack pumps do or ebay China pumps - other wise pure freedom use sureflow I think 100 psi 5 lpm .

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
Where did you buy 25L of resin for 50 euro ? I’ve never seen resin that cheap. However I suppose that might be a tax thing as you’re in the ROI . You might want to buy a second bag too since you’ve bought two 25L vessels.

Gary Richard Coles

Cleantalk Member
No not to do with the tax (I wish, everything's more expensive here) I got it from the same lad I got the vessels from.

Is it best to connect both vessels up so the water goes through both? Apologies for what is probably very basic questions.

daniel crouch

Active Cleantalker
Fill both then yes - tap to di 1 then Di 1 to Di 2 they have in out arrows on top for flow . It tends to last longer that way . We use a small traffic cone to fill them quarter fill then put the riser tube in cover the hole with a bottle top continue to fill then remove bottle top and put top on .

Daniel Paton

Well-Known Cleantalker
Just to add a bit. When the ppm starts to rise from the vessel furthest away from the water supply to about 10 put it to the rear and dump the rear resin as that’s spent. Then fill the new front one with fresh resin. It’ll last even longer. However Gary I fear you’ll see the light about an ro system when you see how often you need to buy resin at over £80 a bag. Another thing is not to run the tap at full blast as you will use your resin faster.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel crouch

Active Cleantalker
Good point above . There a pain really one fell over In back of a van last year and lads refilled tank from it a couple of times i still see resin in pump filters even now . I would of thought that for that few jobs it will tidy you over though .
You could even strap it to your back then customers would call you rocket man lol .

• Funny

Ross Ketley

Active Cleantalker
If there isn't a a local outlet, then do a google search for someone doing the same thing, if there still isn't anyone local, then go the whole hog and get a 4040 RO, carbon filters, double DI and an 10000 litre container and start up the business yourself!