Electric Dip Tank

Angela Chapman

Cleantalk Member
Evening all. Has anyone ever purchased a Plastic Workshop Electric Dip tank? Just wondering if they are good. Was only going to look into buying one after my training, but apparently there is a waiting list when ordering. Just wanted some advice, this is the one that i got recommended.

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
It will be my next big purchase. got a stainless steel electric tank very annoying gets cold way to quick. got another plastic one that i have insulated and plastic welded myself great keeps the heat all day but hinge is dodgy aha

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
Excellent tanks, extremely well made. Good people to deal with too. As has been pointed out there's a waiting list - I think I had to wait about 10 weeks for delivery. The only change I'd make if I were to buy again would be to go for the more expensive insulated version - probably saves wrapping the tank in duvets, hot water cylinder insulation etc at this time of year.

Jamie Arnold

Cleantalk Member
You can not go wrong with Andy @plasticworks workshop top man has the answer to any problems you may have .and amazing top quality tanks it is definitely worth the wait.:trophy:

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Yes, I too have a plastic workshop tank that I am very pleased with. Andy offers amazing customer service. He can offer quite a lot of customisation since he makes the tanks himself. Definitely worth the wait.

Tom Speakman

Cleantalk Member
My plastic workshop tank takes 3 hours to reach maximum temp is this the norm or do I need to buy a new electric element .?
thanks in advance for any help you can give guys.....

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
My diptank needs 3 hrs for the monday morning to get up to temp. 2.25hrs for the rest of the week. The plastic workshop element is a 2.5kw element which is better for a 13amp plug connection. A 3kw element is taking a 13amp plug connection to its max and could overheat if the connections are not 100%. Did have an issue with the stat on my element and had to return as tank was not getting up to the right temp.

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
You might find this helpful re heating times:

I tend to give my tank (Plastic Workshops uninsulated) about 2.5 hours in the winter especially if it hasn't been heated for a couple of days. I've wrapped mine in a heater jacket and a high tog duvet as well - keeps it hot all day.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
My diptank needs 3 hrs for the monday morning to get up to temp. 2.25hrs for the rest of the week. The plastic workshop element is a 2.5kw element which is better for a 13amp plug connection. A 3kw element is taking a 13amp plug connection to its max and could overheat if the connections are not 100%. Did have an issue with the stat on my element and had to return as tank was not getting up to the right temp.
I had the same issue with my original thermostat, but the new one Andy sent is rated for higher temps and works great now I've adjusted it to the perfect setting.

Chris Powell

Cleantalk Member
Yes I have one and it's fantastic. Had a problem which was fixed for me on a Sunday! His workmanship is excellent, I'd highly recommend them.

Daniel walder

Cleantalk Member
I have one of the first ones he made and been very happy with it. The only issue with mine was that the element was difficult to get in but they changed the design since. I also bought an element from them which is designed to be used with caustic. Wasnt cheap but before I was was using cheap elements and they weren't lasting that long. Very good bloke to deal with as well. I think he now does tge tank with the element fitted.