electric vans

Anthony Harper

Cleantalk Member
Whenever I’ve done the figures, I’ve always concluded that the savings are negligible as I only cover 3000 business miles a year. An electric van would save £250 a year on tax, save around £700 a year on fuel, but cost £400 a year more to insure. That’s without the cost of purchasing in the first place.
The range of the old Kangoo E wouldn’t be an issue, the lack of fast charging on this model would. The NISSAN ENV-200 looks ok though as this one does allow for fast changing. The latest vans have better range and charge speeds.

Dave Atkins

Cleantalk Member
You can pick up a 20reg sprinter van for around 17k with hardly any miles. But they only have a supposed range ov 80 miles.

I say supposed as I know someone with a tesla with a quoted range of 320 miles, but as she says the way she drives she's lucky to get 180.

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
You can pick up a 20reg sprinter van for around 17k with hardly any miles. But they only have a supposed range ov 80 miles.

I say supposed as I know someone with a tesla with a quoted range of 320 miles, but as she says the way she drives she's lucky to get 180.
I can't see why a oven cleaner would need a van the size of a Sprinter :lol:

Andy Brown

Cleantalk Member

Yeah and don't bother putting Aircon on in summer or heater on in winter. Take your radio with you as well. Strap some torches on the front for your headlights and away you go.