Electrical Equipment & Fogging

James Smith

Cleantalk Member
Whilst i understand the basics on how fogging works the bit i don't understand is electrical equipment ie pc 's keyboards etc , do these either have to be removed before or can just be covered with plastic bagging etc

Reason for asking is we've now been asked ( twice ) if we do fogging but not knowing enough about also feel like we may be missing another string to our bow

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
What is the purpose of the fogging. Was the 2 enquiries advised by somebody else. Not saying it's not suitable but can open a whole can of worms.

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
You cover them over with a bin bag, alongside any other electrical items in the room. everything that can be removed safely from the room needs to be, so clutter makes fogging pointless.

My issue with fogging.. in particular coronavirus fogging..

1) They fog the ceiling.. not certain who is licking that.
2) they waft around
3) they don't clean, just sanitise...
4) A lot of the basics are missed, such as creating a "air lock" to get changed and seal away any used cleaning materials
5) they drag everything into their van (or car) and don't really deal with it properly

I trained to do this as part of infection control.. I won't do it though atm as I can't promise what people expect.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Theres my main issue. The majority of high touch areas in an office environment such as electrical equipment need be covered/protected. Ironic really. Good old fashioned 2 or 3 stage cleaning process regularly makes me happier.

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
Second someone comes in and switches on the light...

Some companies guaranteeing that light switch will stay covid free for 28 days...