Enzyme for a toilet

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Not my house....for clarification

For a toilet that is not properly blocked but starting to take longer to drain - while it’s not necessarily made for the purpose, could you throw some Prozyme Plus down the toilet and it do a job (excuse the pun).

The local stores are out of a lot of goods that would do the job. Want to stay away from the major drain ones where possible as the pipe work might not cope.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Does it happen often.has anybody checked nearest drain. Do any nearby/interconnecting sinks drain slow also? Assuming it's for commercial client? Is it in your contract/description to deal with these instances

Peter McDougall

Cleantalk Member
prozyme plus would deal with a malodour but won't clear any blockage.

My advice would be to get a plumber's plunger and use that to encourage any lodged debris to clear the pipe. Failing that, use a pipe snake to do similar.

A more heavy duty option would be to speak to a pluming supply company and order some sulphuric acid. I've seen how my plumber uses this to clear ~just about anything~ from pipework.

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Literally the properties are less than 30 years old but been built very, very, very badly (Wainehomes). Seriously, these streets have a rep with the local tradesmen. The nearest waste drain is “dealt with” (literally feet away from the home) by the authorities once every week or so. Pipes are probably ok I’m just playing the cautious card based on the rest of the homes. I see it as by preventing a bigger problem means the problem is solved. Its not a customer, only a friend of the family.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Agree with Jacob,these things can not be simple as first thought. Most need investigating or mechanical clearing not chemical. Sorted loads at school and other properties but it's really not worth time/money/hassle. Get pro in and sort.looking at 80-120 to do job proper and find out what cause is at same time and possible if likely happen again.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Sure local plumber cheaper but even dyno-rod or similar good (I've used them at home) and comes with guarantee for work. In and out 45 mins. Drain loo,unscrew from floor,check waste bend for debris,rod/snake a bit,back together,flush and done.

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Sometimes even vent pipe/intake on roof covered with leaves or something as certain systems use the drawn in air as the pressure to flush the system. Some plumbers on here may correc me but needs somebody knows what to look for.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Jamie

Phil has forgotten that I am one... :lol:

Sounds like the communal drains run backward

A joint lawsute by the owners is the only way to go on that one.

However on a shared drain its generally coverd free of charge by the local authority.

J

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Jamie

Phil has forgotten that I am one... :lol:

Sounds like the communal drains run backward

A joint lawsute by the owners is the only way to go on that one.

However on a shared drain its generally coverd free of charge by the local authority.

J
Spot on. That’s my bet

James Smith

Cleantalk Member
Communal drain = nappies = blockage

Because it's a communal drain people don't give a damn what they flush down the pan