LTT Leather

Faux leather..

James Hocking

Cleantalk Member
Hello,

Although I don't advertise upholstery or generally go near it I always get asked and this one I wouldn't mind cleaning.

It's faux leather, now I think there are a couple of different variations and I have searched through the threads and found some use SPM, which would be nice!

It's going to be a spray on towel off affair..

Going to go and test the backs like normal.

The sofa has a bit of ink and dye transfer from clothing, tried a bit of r/x on the back seemed ok.

The customer is moving in six months and the sofa will not be moving with them, they have some visitors coming from overseas soon and just want it looking it's best!

Any advice helpful as always!!

Attachments

Nathan Gale

Cleantalk Member
Definitely a genuine pigmented leather. If you haven’t touched or trained on one then best bet is to leave it

James Hocking

Cleantalk Member
Yes was thinking that Nathan, after googling pigmented leather, basically it's painted leather, could prove problematic!

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
I would do all your tests to check.
Not convinced it is pigmented leather looking at the construction etc
Can you get to the backing?
Cheers
Judyb

James Hocking

Cleantalk Member
I have only had a quick look at it but the the backing on the back panels is lined with fabric, might go back and have a look later in the week, will post what I find customer is convinced it's a synthetic.

Nathan Gale

Cleantalk Member
It does look very convincing, I see Judys point now and a fabric backing would generally point to a synthetic normally polyester or microfibre. Feel test and microscope often gives it away for me too, can’t do that lol

K.O. (Shorty) Glanville

Cleantalk Member
James Hocking:

This will give you an idea of what either imitation leather, or vinyl looks like.

The brown is Bycast/Bicast rubbish.

This also shows how it can deteriorate & fall apart like sunburn.

The pink is actually the inside of vinyl, which also looks very similar to imitation leather.

OOPS 😢 Sorry about all the pics. I'm STILL a computer dummy.

Moderator, please delete as necessary.

Thank you.

1627077573236.jpeg 1627077596105.jpeg 1627077670069.jpeg 1627077724070.jpeg 1627077743072.jpeg