Ff Cleaner

Ian Duggan

Cleantalk Member
After a lot of consideration, I have decided to change my dip tank product from Dirtbusters to FF cleaner starting from Monday. I am tired of the required scrubbing and having arm like schwarzenegger

http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/oven-cleaning-chemicals/ff-cleaner-10kg.html

I am apprehensive changing to a caustic powder as I don't know how it will reactive to certain materials like iron etc

Do you guys have any tips?
One local oven cleaner (a friendly competitor) recommended having a tub of soapy water to dip everything into after coming out of the tank.

I have also started to experiment with Meta-Cleanz Oven Degreaser but it seems to leave un-removable smear on stainless steel, has anyone experienced this?

As you can tell, I am keen to move away from Dirtbusters

Thanks
Ian

D

Deleted member 5124

Only thing you should be wary of putting in the tank when using FF powder, is the cast iron pan racks off the hobs, you can put them in to remove stubborn grease etc but I personally wouldn't leave them in for longer then 20mins.

I personally don't put fans, or chrome parts of the hob burner in the tank either, as they can discolour, everything else is pretty much safe.

I would also advise a rinse system for your van, or as the other guy said you can wash the parts down with soapy water.

I wasn't really a fan of meta clean, as I prefer Bio Solutions, maybe the smearing is caused by being left on too long or mixing a too strong solution.