Guest viewing is limited
  • You have a limited number of page views remaining
  • 2 guest views remaining

FF powder

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
Tried this for first time yesterday, and noticed its got quite a smell to it, but couldn't place the smell.

Previously used DB dip tank powder and that had no smell apart from hint of lemon when putting powder in.

I have a portable tank so use a fresh solution on every job(I could syphon into a container I guess) but is it correct that FF powder gets better as the solution ages?

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
I used to use it and it smelled soapy and yes it go a little better after a few days of scrubbing , get the water as hot as possible , save it in 25ltr drums and use it at each one it will still be hot and wont take as much gas to heat it

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
Yes I might try draining solution into a 25 litre container and keeping for a week before disposing off.

Luke Lewis

Cleantalk Member
Definitely drain in to containers and save on gas and product. It does get better after a couple of cleans.

Put a squirt of fragranced washing up liquid in and you can pretty much have any smell you like!

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
I did notice the solution was relatively clean after use, unlike dB where it was nearly black after one use.

I normally squirt some washing up liquid and bio in too just for good measure.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
This evening I made up a 25 litre solution using the correct ratio of powder to water,and have put it in a container. Will heat up to boiling on a job I've got in morning and see how it goes.

Still got a hell of a smell to it. šŸ˜‚