Fitting An Extra Hose To Reach And Wash System

shell carney

New Cleantalker
Hi guys, hope all is well.
Me and my sister have worked for my dads window cleaning business which he started up in 1972. Sadly he passed away and we have now took it on as our own. As my dad dealt with it all, we are now having to learn about the tank etc. We have an ionic reach and wash system, a 500ltr tank. We have 2 hose reels but only one is connected. We want to connect the other but was wondering is it something we could do or does it have to be done professionally.

Thanks

Michelle

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
Easily done. Is it a two man system? Is there a spare pump and controller there ? You'll need at least another pump, controller and strainer if there's not. I don't know what size your battery is but you would be safer with a second battery too.
I've heard of Cleaners running two poles off one pump but it's always been negative.
To fit a new controller and pump is easy. If I managed it then anyone can.

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
As Daniel said , if you wish to split one pump to 2 hose reels get y or 2 way adapter other wise 2 pumps and 2 batteries all the way . Bottom outlet to pump to hose reel .

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Just missed your reply - forget about the side van port you’ve a twin reel pure freedom there . Either feed both reels from one pump via a split or get 2 pumps and 2 batteries .

shell carney

New Cleantalker
Where would the other battery go, I know I sound stupid but I'm still learning . I know my dad put a super duper battery in the van that was told it would do alsorts, but do I need a separate battery for the tank. So sorry I'm clueless. So wish I could go back to the old days of ladders, furry, squidgie and scrim. Made more sense

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
That doesn’t help mutch lol does it run off van battery or it’s own ? I’m pretty sure it should have it’s own . If in doubt follow the wires from the pump or controller ! It’s basic stuff really battery - controller - pump - hose reel - pole . No more complicated than that . It may have a split charge relay but it still follows in that order . And if it’s beyond you go to a auto electrician or an electrician and they will easily sort what you want .

Des Rynne

Cleantalk Member
I know nothing about your set up BUT why don't you look up a company that sell’s the outfit you have and have a word with them