Glass On Staircase

John marriott

Cleantalk Member
Not really a window cleaners post but you might have some ideas,a regular domestic customer has had a new staircase fitted with glass panels ,what's best to clean regularly?seems to have a grease on from new ,they look o k but they have small lights that light up glass on its edge lighting up whole panel of glass shows any mark not seen when lights are not on, have 2 small children and finger marks a problem ,I clean house every week

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
John
I'm not a window cleaner but I do wipe over the glass when doing the carpets in the same scenario you have, invariably you always leave a finger print or three!
Found that Screwfix "no nonsense" glass cleaner is the best & very quick

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
I trad indoor windows and glass. Just make sure the mop isn't too wet and it's easy. If your not a window cleaner then just use a glass cleaner such as the one Steve mentioned above. Use a fish scale or waffle microfibre cloth so it doesn't leave any fluffy bits on the glass.

Peter Cooper

Cleantalk Member
Showroom shine by greased lightening and two microfibre cloths, one for on and one for off. Its a waterless car polish, but it works wonders on windows/glass and any non permeable surface. Looks expensive, but you only need a tiny bit each time so it will last forever.