Gloop!

James Kenneth

New Cleantalker
Hey folks,

I’m looking for a wee bit advice regards using gloop, I’ve got a gallon but am not sure on the correct application, dilutions and benefits.

A few pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

James

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Plenty to read there James.

The point of which to take special note is that, like many oven cleaning products, it is caustic so you need to know when and where to use it and to take the relevant safety precautions, including PPE.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
From my Gloop experience, here are my pearls of wisdom...
  • It isn't that 'gloopy'. Be prepared for it to drip off roofs and slide down walls. Nurse it along and keep re-covering your surfaces to get the best out of it.
  • Gloop in the eye hurts like hell, and could no doubt cause worse damage. Always have a clean wet cloth nearby to wipe yourself in case of any minor splashes. And vinegar for anything more serious.
  • It take about 15 minutes to have maximum effect. And a slightly warm oven helps too. Be patient and organise your cleaning around this.
  • I have experimented with painting it on to the oven, and also found it to be possible to use in a spray bottle.
Happy Glooping!

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Gloop in the eye hurts like hell, and could no doubt cause worse damage.
take the relevant safety precautions, including PPE.
When using any caustic product, the PPE should include proper eye protection - safety goggles.

Also - and I make no apology for repeating the advice to have an acidic liquid (even white vinegar) to hand so that any skin contact can be neutralised before rinsing. Caustic substances can attack both skin and bone and the longer they are in contact, the greater the damage.

Mike Cocks

Cleantalk Member
Personally I use gloop in the hard to reach areas and the real grim ovens. Still playing with the stuff to work out the best ways to use it. I keep getting it on my arm and it burns like hell. So looking at arm protection now lol

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I see the posatives of a gloop for cutting out the worst . Mayby the time . But if what we are doing is softening it and a sharp blade cutting through. Is it not going to hard on a domestic oven . Bio does the same !

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Personally I use gloop in the hard to reach areas and the real grim ovens. Still playing with the stuff to work out the best ways to use it. I keep getting it on my arm and it burns like hell. So looking at arm protection now lol
Gloves that go past the elbow and are elasticated at the biceps have stopped the issue of drips working their way into my gloves. I wish gloop was thicker, it would make it easier and safer to work with.

Imre Markus

Cleantalk Member
Try to Google milking sleeves.
Kiwikit does good ones or there some plastic ones I am sure that you can just throw away.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
I have noticed if the oven gets too hot with gloop applied it creates a smudged look which I'm pretty sure is damage. anyone else noticed this?