Gorenje Oven Back Panel

Dave Overton

Cleantalk Member
EB8C9ED9-F9A8-4942-A3AD-3919D9F5C9C6.jpeg EC489C61-2899-4B3C-A4C3-0B86421254E3.jpeg 2E680E57-671B-40FA-908E-24324F5C26A3.jpeg 8D082B42-35DF-41A7-BB85-26CEE671FF89.jpeg 95E9DB26-8293-4121-B831-B99CE874620C.jpeg

Anyone come across this oven before?
If not, don’t remove the back plate to clean the fan as the fixing drops out the back!!!
Such an awful design. I had to pull the oven out, remove the rear panel and hold the fixing back in place with a magnetic holder.
All went back together ok but if I see another one I’ll be explaining to the customer the fan can’t be cleaned.

Flipping stressful afternoon. Had that after a Rangemaster this morning that had never been cleaned in over 10 years.

I’m going for a beer...

Lee Thompson

Cleantalk Member
Yes! I had one back in February, was at the end of a long day, the house had been sold and new owner taking over the next day. Power to the house had also been disconnected.
Oh, and it was a double oven as well.
Don't think I got out of there until 8pm.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
If there is no power in the house I would not have attempted to clean it. I check the appliances work before I start. How could you do that. Not worth the risk.

I always check when I book a clean with the customer that the cooker fully works and there is power, water etc

David Floate

Cleantalk Member
Hi Dave hope that beer was cold ! Has that been the only oven you have come across that has happened with ?

Hi lee have you had that happen with any other ovens ?

David Floate

Cleantalk Member
Ok thanks Neil like to keep a eye out for these things ! I was showed how unscrewing both screws at top of door hinge on a range causes the bit behind screw hole to drop and to get to it you got ta take it all apart etc ! Not that i take them off but it was a good learning exercise .

David Floate

Cleantalk Member
@Dave Overton I don't blame you what a joke some designs really are ! I wonder where it was made lol , I probably will never come across one but you never know and thanks for the heads up pal

David Floate

Cleantalk Member
@Lee Thompson you and Dave Overtons experience with this stupid backplate problem have saved a lot of men and women's stress agro and time so you both deserve a pat on the back with reporting it! It isn't funny at the time when you get these problems

Lee Thompson

Cleantalk Member
I came across another one of these ovens today, but it wasn't a Gorenje, this time it was an Asko.
The experience of last time made it a lot easier this time.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Lee, did the Asko also have fixings that were larger bolts like the Gorenje in the pictures? If so, I will not be removing the backplate if I come across one fixed with larger bolts rather than the normal screws. What an awful design!

I did have a similar experience with a Miele drop down element once... Turned the release knob, everything dropped down fine, and then when I went to screw it back up again after the clean it wouldn't hold and the internal fixings had come away inside the roof. Anyone else had this?

Lee Thompson

Cleantalk Member
Lee, did the Asko also have fixings that were larger bolts like the Gorenje in the pictures? If so, I will not be removing the backplate if I come across one fixed with larger bolts rather than the normal screws. What an awful design!
Sure did, everything about it was the same, including having to pull the oven out and remove the back. Just a different brand, the door may have been different, memories a bit hazy on that part.

You're right though, terrible design.